"Bestfriend", she whined as she began to walk with me to my locker.

"Whats good Lay?" , I asked as we made our way up the steps of the 500 building. We weren't to excited to see one another since we had been hanging out all summer.

"Mann, RJ been really pissing me off lately, it's like he doesn't show no emotion anymore.", she stated as we stopped at my locker.

"Y'all are a cute couple, but if he treating you bad, then break up with him yo", I replied as I took all my books out my purse, only leaving the ones that I needed for these first four periods before lunch.

"I know man, but I really don't want to end it. We've only been together for two months, but it feel like so much more."

"Well, go with your heart, but don't let your heart deceive your mind from enforcing the truth into your soul. Think like a man so you won't get played like a bitch boo.", I said as the 7:22 bell began ringing so students could report to first period.

"Thanks Bambi."

We began to walk to our Calculus class for first period. On the way there we ran into Turtle and Dreah, they were always goofing around. We conversated with them and then started back walking to first period. Just as we were walking in, I got a phone call from my older brother JJ. I stepped out of the way to let Lay in and then accepted the call with only 5 minutes left to get into the classroom.

"JJ wassup, I'm in school.", I spoke into the phone.

"It's gonna be real quick, look, I got myself into some issues and I need your help."

"What did you do this time JJ, damn."

"I got into business with some north side niggas and they owe me 20 grand. I need you to tell Rosco to handle things for me until after court since you have first period with him."

"Alright JJ."

"Thank you baby sister, I love you."

"Yeah, yeah, I love you too hoe.", I replied before hanging up.

I walked into first period right before the bell rung and quickly made my way to my seat on the left side of the class, next to Lay. I hated when my brother asked me to handle things with Rosco for him, considering that he has had a crush on me since 9th grade year. Ms. Pinket bitter ass hadn't made it into the class yet, so I turned around in my desk to face a thirsty looking Rosco. He was staring a dark hole in my soul as he over looked my body numerous times.

"Rosco, can you stop staring?" I asked as I rolled my eyes, beginning to get annoyed with the look of lust in his eyes.

"Damn girl, you look even better than what you did last year. Oh jeezus!", he called out as he looked me in my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, thank you, but anyway, my brother said he got into some things with them north side niggas and they set him up, so he need you to handle it until his trial in court over with."

"Alright, but Bambi, when you gon' give a nigga some time man?", he said as he smiled that ugly ass smirk with a mouth full of diamond and gold.

"When you don't look like you about to go shoot up a bando, bye bye now.", I laughed as I turned back around in my seat. I could hear him sucking his teeth behind me, but I didn't care. I love hood niggas, but the ones that were trying to get out the hood, not stay in it.

We all sat there waiting on Ms. Pinket to show up, but she never did. Damn, it was the first day and our teacher didn't even want to show up. I didn't want to be here either, but at least I came. Just as I began to take out my platinum gold headphones so that I could listen to my Chief Keef, Ms. Rawlings entered the class room.