Smells Like Teen Spirit

Start from the beginning

But the blonde vampire decided to ignore the continuous pessimism that Bonnie showed. "Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day."

The two supernaturals turned to Natalie, expecting her to give them some reason as to why her life sucked. "Yeah, and you guys don't know anything about why my life sucks... but, trust me, it does."

Bonnie rolled her eyes at this, as she was the first one of the girls that wasn't Natalie herself to figure out about the huntress's feelings for the vampire. "Oh, please. We all know about you and Stefan."

And that took Elena straight out of her own world as she was wondering how everyone else noticed as after she started to get suspicious she looked closer in on the two people's interactions, which gave her some chills. Her eyes were sad as she looked up at her younger sister, hoping that everything she said in the woods wasn't a lie.

Natalie's eyes were widened as she was actually talking about the whole reincarnation thing, but that thing was pretty screwed up too, so she could go with that. But at the same time, she completely, 100% did not want Elena to know about her feelings for Stefan. So, she half-lied. "Yeah, you mean Stefan's feelings for me that I do not return at all?"

Caroline and Bonnie all narrowed their eyes at Natalie's incredible false statement, as basically everyone knew for a fact that Stefan and Natalie reciprocated those feelings they had for one another. Elena just hummed in agreement, nodding absentmindedly before looking away.

Natalie turned to Caroline and Bonnie as soon as she knew Elena wasn't looking at them, holding up her hands in a pleading gesture, not wanting to lose her sister. The two girls nodded reluctantly, both knowing what it's like to get left by family after Caroline's experience with her father and Bonnie's with her mother.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." Elena spoke up absentmindedly.

"Yeah. You win." Caroline sighed in defeat.

Natalie just frowned as that one problem didn't beat the other problems. Elena didn't mention the fact that she just became a human blood bag for a millennium old vampire, which brings us back to the reincarnation issue, to which Natalie thought she got a point or two as she had no idea what happened all those years ago.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked her best friend worriedly, knowing that she must be taking it really hard.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life."

▹▹▹

Inside the school itself, Caroline was being Caroline as she was hanging up posters for the bonfire party happening the first night of school, as it always did. But, in case you've forgotten, Natalie just arrived around November the year before, so she had no idea about these stuff happening at the start of the year. But then again, her best friend was Caroline Forbes and she ranted to the brunette about everything needing to be perfect a few thousand times.

"You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year." the beautiful blonde told the other female, without Natalie even asking a question before.

"I just said "hi." Natalie said, with eye brows raised in shock as this was only the end of Caroline's latest rant.

"Oh..." the vampire trailed off, about to retort with some clever remark when Tyler swooped in, catching Caroline's lips with his own with his newfound hybrid confidence.

"Happy first day!" Tyler greeted them both, although talking more to his girlfriend at the moment.

But Natalie still nodded with a small smile, and it was that up-and-down movement that caused Natalie's gaze to drift to a red spot on the hybrid's shirt. And vampires (even part vampires) all had a favorite red substance. "Is that blood?"