Smells Like Teen Spirit

Start from the beginning

"You got bit too, you went through the exact same thing as I did last night. You're just better at covering it up." Elena said as the awkwardness of what she really meant by that sentence, if you can read between the lines, came to life.

Natalie's gaze shifted away from her sister awkwardly, really wanting to avoid this subject, but knowing that if they got it over with at that moment, she would either not have to be so awkward, or risk losing her sister. "You don't have to play the pronoun game, "it" equals me and Stefan."

Elena sighed, knowing what she was going to respond with, but not really knowing how to articulate the response, but she knew how she felt. "Ehm... it's okay. I came to terms with Stefan's feelings for you a while ago."

The huntress's eyes widened at the statement, expecting to get yelled at or slapped or anything but Elena actually being okay with it. "You have? Can you tell me how, because I don't know how to?"

Elena laughed shortly, thinking that the response was one of her regular jokes, one of Natalie's ways to lighten the mood. It wasn't. Natalie had no idea how to cope with the idea of her and Stefan. Of course, in the ideal world Stefan would loved her back (which he secretly did) and the two would have lived happily ever after without the interference of Elena and her love for Stefan. This wasn't just a normal love triangle. Two human sisters with connections to the past, going back two thousand years, both separated from one another at birth, gets reunited and falls for the same vampire to which they don't respond with having a war over him, but by trying to convince themselves that it wasn't real. That was a movie Natalie would see (but only because Caroline would make her see it, but she'd see it nonetheless). And if she'd seen that movie, she hated that she would actually be on team Stelena, and finding Statalie wrong in so many ways.

But in Elena's mind, Statalie had no chance of survival, as she believed that Stefan's rebellious streak caused him to get an unrequited crush on Natalie and now that he was doing more rebellious things, he would forget her and their relationship as he had something else to rebel with. "It's fine, Natalie. As long as you don't have feelings for him too, it's fine."

Natalie laughed nervously, to which Elena joined in with a genuine laugh. thinking that she just got conformation that the only way she'd lose her relationship with Stefan was if either of them decided it, not because of Natalie.

Of course, that might be a thing for the future, adding Damon.

▹▹▹

Mystic Falls High School

To say Natalie was feeling awkward as she stared at the place she got bit by the guy she loved only a few hours before might be the understatement of the century. But that she was the only one of the girls that didn't follow the silent accident that caused Caroline, Elena and Bonnie to all wear blue didn't help. Plus, she and Elena had to wear scarves around their necks to cover the two puncture holes that hadn't completely healed (Damon's blood wasn't always the best) when Natalie hated wearing scarves as she felt as if they strangled her, but it was better than her getting asked by everyone what the hell happened to her neck.

"Here we are." Natalie spoke up, breaking the awkward silence, making the other girls' heads turn towards her. "Senior year."

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked, a frown on her lips as this was never how she imagined it.

But Caroline, being the positive and bubble person that she was, didn't have time for their pessimism. "Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on."

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?" the Bennett witch asked sarcastically, acting as if she could see nothing wrong with it.