Prologue.

It was a typical Summer day in Freetown; the sun was out, the streets were as busy as they could be, but even on a sunny day, with birds swarming freely in the sky, and even with the busy streets, Freetown still held its apparently permanent air of dullness.

Cassie and all her old friends from high school were gathered at Danny's place--which he had only just gotten about two months back.

They were all two years into their college years, all but Tucker, who had - as predicted by all - dropped out of college after his first semester, for lack of proper knowledge of what to do with himself. He started working at a fast-food restaurant as soon as he dropped out, still awaiting a miracle to fly into his hands;that he'll somehow get discovered and asked to be a football player for a huge team. His friends had been nothing but blunt with him;telling him he was being crazy and incredibly delirious, and that he should go back to school. They showed him no mercy in their ploys to try to get him to go back, sometimes they even tried to drive him to frustration, but it never worked well enough to actually get him to return. If anything, it made him more strong headed and firm in his decision to stay out of college. He had made up his mind that he didn't want to go back and they figured that nothing could change a stubborn Tucker's mind, but even with that realization, they still decided to still try their best. Even if he didn't get a football scholarship like Tyler did, he was on the team at his school and recognized by many as an astounding player with a profitable future. But of course, he didn't like the studying part,and since he couldn't stay in college just to play the sport, his frustration with an immense amount of school work finally drove him to drop out; to the disapproval of his parents and friends.

Danny's place was a nice simple house his dad got him in the more peaceful parts of Freetown, not too far from where he once lived with his family. His family had to move away because his dad got a new job he couldn't refuse in England, and so they got him a nice place in Freetown - since Danny didn't want to travel all the way to England to visit them anytime he wasn't in school. His place had become one of their many hangouts ever since they all got back from their respective colleges in April. Both Cassie and Danny were in the same university.

Cassie majored in Criminology, and Danny in Architecture. Phoebe of course was learning fashion designing in a school in Paris. Jesse was in Culinary school, and Matt was studying Engineering in his country, Canada. Everyone was shocked that he actually went on to study engineering, he was always known to be smart, but because of how ridiculous he could be, they all assumed he'll also drop out to be a comedian or something along that crooked line. Tyler, on the other hand, was taking his school by storm, a lot of eyes were on him, with hands waiting to grab him as soon as he was done with college. He got into Stanford on a football scholarship--just as he wanted, and was also studying business there.

They were all gathered in Danny's basement. He and Cassie had completely transformed it from the boring state it was in when he first moved into the house. He and Cassie had been closer than ever, being in the same school helped, they both got accepted into Princeton-the school she always wanted, and since Danny applied and also got accepted, he decided to go with her. Cassie assisted him in moving into his new house and spent a few nights there sometimes. They both turned his basement into a nice, relaxing hangout where they could chill anytime they didn't feel like being out. They livened the room up with bright lights, bean bags-forced in by Cassie, a TV, a mini fridge a bunch of random games, and simple leather seats which they stole from Caleb's place.

Caleb had yet to return from his journey of finding himself and peace again. He and Tamara dated a couple times, but things didn't work out between them, mainly because she kept on growing in the modelling industry, which meant she was always busy - she also had to make time for school, and seeing as Caleb had no idea when he would return to Freetown, they decided to just stay friends. Caleb,much to his father's approval and joy, went on to read law a year after he left, he was studying law outside of Freetown but paid frequent visits anytime he could. His experience in Freetown although horrendous, finally made him to really decide what to do with his life. He was still the same party-going, and party-throwing Caleb, but he decided to tone it down a bit. After going through what he went through, his eyes got opened up and he decided to be a lawyer--to defend other people like himself who had been wrongfully accused.