Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 5

Zacznij od początku

“Landon likes Travis; I’ve seen the way he looks at him. If Travis could just admit that he likes him too then this wouldn’t be so hard.”

“You really care about your brother’s wellbeing, don’t you?” Adrian smiled at me.

“Well, yes. He’s done so much for us; he needs a break too once in a while.” I nodded. “Too bad my uncle doesn’t see it that way. He’s convinced that Travis is a spawn of the devil himself and that when he finally dies he’ll go to hell where there’s a special reserved seat waiting for him.”

“I didn’t know your uncle felt that way.” Adrian’s grip tightened on the steering wheel.

“He feels that way about everything that doesn’t seem right in his mind. Travis didn’t mean to come out to him. My dad was still in the hospital when Travis told him and didn’t see my uncle standing by the door.” I took a deep breath. “I guess that’s when it all really started to go downhill.”

I felt the car stop and when I looked outside, we were in front of my house. “Thanks for the ride Adrian. And again, sorry for causing trouble earlier.”

“No problem.” He put a hand on my shoulder. “If you need me, I’m here. Just call me. It’s doesn’t matter where you are or what time it is, I’ll be there.”

“That’s nice of you.” I gave a small smile. I undid my seatbelt and moved to get out of the car only to be stopped my Adrian. “Anything you want to add?”

It was supposed to be a joke. I certainly wasn’t expecting him to say ‘yes’. My eyes widened in surprise as he leaned closer. This was my chance to stop it; I mean he wasn’t rushing into this. I could have easily pushed him away. one question I had to ask myself though, if I could so easily push him away; why the hell wasn’t I doing it?

Before I could get another word in, I felt Adrian’s lips pressed against mine. The sudden feeling of something I’ve waited for, finally coming true overtook me. The kiss was slow and sensual, not my first but way better than that.

I pulled away before it could go any further. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. “I’m so sorry.”

“For what?” he asked.

“You have a girlfriend.” I shrieked.

“Not anymore.” He smiled.

“You guys only broke up like a half an hour ago.” I opened the door. “I like you, and the kiss was- it was amazing, but I’m not up for being yours or anybody else’s rebound.”

“Evelyn.” He reached out to me.

“No, stop doing that. You can’t try to sweet talk me out of my opinion. Good night Adrian. I’ll tell Travis I got home safely thanks to you.” with that said, I closed the door and rushed to the house.

I leaned against the front door as soon as I closed it. I was right; the night had definitely gotten worse after that.

“Evelyn, you look a bit flushed, are you okay?” Eleanor said walking past me with an old copy of The Lord of The Rings. It was my mom’s favorite book as a teenager. I guess the apple didn’t really fall too far from the tree.

“I’m fine.” I ground out.

She smirked at me, and then came a bit closer. “Judging from your flushed expression and the swell in your lips, never mind the fact that Adrian brought you home, the same Adrian that you’ve been in love with forever, I’d say that you just got back from being in the middle of a major making out session.”

My eyes widened. “It was not a major making out session! It was a simple kiss. My lips are swollen because I’ve been biting them all night. Leave me alone, and I swear, you need to stop watching all these detective shows.”