chapter 6

It was the same guy for sure!!!.

He said that he could drop me off to wherever I wanted to go.

I didn't know whether to say a yes or a no. I had to think a lot before saying any thing because he was like a stranger to me. But I would have to stand for a long time and wait for a taxi. But he looked like a nice guy, and he wasn't alone in the car, So after thinking a lot I said OK and slowly got inside the car.

He wasn't driving the car. He was sitting in the seat behind the driver.

"So where do you want to go?"

"Could you drop me to the Merriam hotel?"

"Sure. Well, have we met before?. I think we have."

And he asked the taxi driver to stop at Merriam hotel first.

It seemed so that it came somewhere near to or maybe in the route to where he was going.

"Um I too think that we have met before.

I just remember that I saw you in the party after the Australian Grand Prix. Thats what I remember. But I don't remember when."

I lied about not remembering as I wanted to make it look natural. I didn't want him to get to know about my thoughts.

"Oh. I too don't remember it . but I just know that I've seen you somewhere."

It was surprising that he gave the same reply as I did.

"So, what's your name?" he asked me in a

curious tone.

"Melissa. And yours? "

"Xander. Do you work in zera?"

"No."

"Oh! Surprised to see you there then"

"No. Actually I had come with my bro Chris. He is a deputy engineer in zera.

"Oh"

Before he could continue, the car slowed down.

"Where should I stop the car sir?

Should I stop it right in front?" The driver asked him,

"Is it ok if I drop you here cause I have to take a left turn from here?"

"Yeah fine i'll walk" I replied since he had to take a left turn instead of right, on the four way road.

"And thanks for the ride!"

"You are welcome"

I could see the Merriam hotel on the turning to the right side just a little far away.

I got off from the car and walked to the hotel. It was six in the evening when I reached.

I ordered my tea in my room, switched the TV on and rested my back and my fractured left arm on a pillow which was alligned with the bed rest.

I had to rest my back and my arm daily, because I was only allowed to go for this holiday on the condition that I would take good care of myself, and I hated breaking promises.

At eight thirty I got up and started getting ready to go down for dinner.

I was pretty tired. I had spent the whole day in the wonderland and I had to walk a lot.

But I still went down to have dinner because I didn't want to become too lazy.

I mean if I order it in my bedroom I'll probably have it on the bed in a sleepy mood which is not good for my health as per my brother. But if I went downstairs I won't have it on a bed.

A sweet instrumental song was being played in the hall. It was a song that would make your spirit joyful and you'll be in a good mood after that song and it relaxed me totally.

___________________________________________

The next day I had planned to start for my journey to the famous Shelley beach of San José and the famous old ladies house.

The beach was great. The combination of yellow sand terquoise blue water and light blue sky was beautiful.

I stayed on the beach for about two hours.

I left the place at ten as I wanted to spend more time in the famous old ladies house.

The famous old ladies house was actually a place where the memories of a very famous personality late Mrs Murphy glen was maintained.

She was a believer of peace and humanity. Since she was a doctor, she had taken the pains to cure as many patients as she could after the third world war that had happened.

Not only that but she had also helped the peace keeping forces to bring the war to an end. All of that defined her as god or one of his angels on earth.

Her home was quite old, but it had been maintained well. All the memorable pictures and stuff was there. And, in fact you could even see her hand drawn maps and petitions and what not.

I returned a little late that day. I reached the hotel at seven, though I wasn't as tired as I usually am after returning, so I went for the dinner straight away instead of going to my room.

The place was half full and half empty. The tables near the windows were unoccupied.

I took a place near the window that was at the end of the room.

Another sweet song was being played just like that day and it made the atmosphere good and suitable for eating.

I had ordered a plate of garlic rice and the speciality of the hotel which was a popular Spanish dish.

It took a long time for my dish to come.

In the meanwhile I involved myself in observing the atmosphere.

Slowly the restaurent started filling up with more and more people.The empty table that was diagonally in front of me was occupied by a group of boys.

After my dish arrived i finished it fast so that I could go to my room early and sleep cause it was quite late by this time.

I got up from my seat and started moving towards the exit.

The table that was diagonally in front of me was right next to the exit, so I could see what the boys were doing clearly. One of them was the guy who gave me a lift.

Yes it was him. It was Xander if I remembered the name correctly.

I saw him talking to the others as I went nearer. His facial expressions told me that he was pretty excited about some thing.

I walked past the table but I was still observing his wonderful expressions covertly, yet I didn't forget to watch my way out to the exit.

I just turned my head to him for a last second and he astonishingly greeted me with a small wink.

At first I was doubtful whether that one was for me or for someone else but his eyes that followed me made it evident.

I gave another wink followed by smile as a reply.

After all of that I just rushed to by room and went to sleep.