Chapter 2

"Hey I am back!" I said to my bro in a whisper so that he knows.

"What took you so long?" Asked Chris.

"Oh!I was just observing things around you know ,every thing, the ambience, the food items etc are all sooo attractive here"

"Thats quite true, its quite nice here" replied Mrs Vennisa collins, an old lady who's husband was an engineer responsible for Checking the car after and before each and every race.

I changed the topic on to how much of research and maintainance is required before each and every race so that I forgot about him.

The time passed by quickly. It was nearly 11 in the night when we left, the party was still going on but we left as were in a different country and our hotel was far away.

My mind debated as to whether I should ask Chris about him or no, and I decided not to as I didn't want to talk about it any more.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We were now back in india, to our home town of Mumbai, a city of lights.

We reached at 5 in the morning approximately and were tired. Chris was much more tired than me because it was his job that we went for and he had to sacrifice his sleep quite a lot for those 3-4 days we were there.

Actually his job was that of an engineer. He had to keep a track on things like how much fuel is to be used by the car at a specific corner of the track and to check the race strategy.

All of this seems to be easy but it is quite a tiring job in reality and each and every thing counts. If there is a small mistake it might ruin the race completely.

For him this job was like his life. He was so attached to all of this and he didnt want anything more.

He had been working for the past 4 years, first for veloce(meaning speedy in Italian)

For 2 years and then for zeracatty after getting his masters in mechanical engineering. He was at the age of 29 now.

The result of my final year of my post graduation in nano technology was declared a week later and I was happy to know that I had passed it with flying colors and was in the top twenty out of 1600 students.

so now it was time for my job interview.

"ok, so you are Ms Melissa Crege?" the interviewer asked me

This was to enter a private company in Germany. Yeah I completed my study in Germany not in india and I had to go to Germany after a few days. I just came to india with Chris so that I could say a last goodbye to my home and my brother, because I didnt know when I would get a chance to visit India again.

This company manufactured parts of automobiles and different factory machines. If I got the job there my work would be to design materials for chassis of cars and different parts of machines, and to research on things to make parts more effective and durable

"yes sir I am."

"ok good. you were in the top twenty in your college which is good. Take a pen and a paper and we will give you 15 minutes to answer this question paper. your time starts now."

"ok"

My hands started trembling as I got up and went to the small side table that was on the left side of the three interviewers. I was pretty nervous.

I returned to my seat. My hand picked the pen and started filling the details such as name and age.

Those questions were based on logical reasoning, I was no good at them but I did them some how and handed my paper to them.