Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~ Snape's Office ~

Lillian felt sick with nerves. Professor McGonogall led Lillian down past the Entance hall, down the stone stair case and the two of them entered the dungeons. Everyone was in bed by this point, of course, and Lillian was beginning to feel a little embarrassed at the thought of disturbing McGonogall's slumber, as even she was in her night robes.

Severus's office door opened with no hands. The girl was led into the room. Immediately, she searched for Severus, but for a moment thankfullness he was not in sight - only Dumbledore, who sat on Severus's proud, green leather chair.

Nobody spoke until Lillian was sat at the desk in front of Dumblefore, which was inclined by him. McGonogall remained scowling down at her from the headmaster's right. Lillian could feel the rotating eye above her head glaring down upon her, as well.

"Please tell me why you have broken my school rule, Miss Snape?" His voice was so calm yet severe. Lillian's legs wobbled.

"I...I'm so sorry, sir! I..." She could not lie. Actually, it wasn't that she just couldn't lie. It was more like she literally had nothing to say. Her embarrassment had her dumfounded, leaving only useless apologies behind.

Professor Dumbledore looked through his spectacles at her, and down his crooked nose, before muttering, "You have nothing to say? Very well then. I will not differ you from any other of my students, Miss Snape. Fifty points will be taken from Grffindor, in hope that you will see it fit to no longer enter The Forbidden Forest. You know that the forest is off boundries to students, therefore, I find it only wise of you to tell me why you would tresspass into there?"

Lillian felt like someone was grabbing her heart and wrapping it around her ribs. She stared up at the headmasters unusal grave face, and sighed. "I thought I saw..." then she stopped, and bit her bottom lip.

"Yes?" He moved his chin down and widened his eyes in slight trepadation of what the girl had to say. McGonogall was still remaining to glare at Lillian, pursing her thin lips out even more.

After a brief quietude, Professor Dumblefore mumbled, "It is only your safety we are concerned about. Of course, this will not be forgotten, and you will be punished. Minerva, we must leave."

A cold chill overclouded the room.

"Someone is waiting to speak with his daughter. Professor Snape, it is your duty to see your daughter is punished. If it was her first time tresspassing, then the punishment would not have to be severe, but seeing as she has made a vacation of this nasty habit, I find it only fair that she is seen to, and arrangements are made. Severus, please come to my office tomorrow after dinner. I bid you both good night."

Dumbledore did not seem too pleased with Lillian. She closed her eyes and cupped her head in her hands out of shame.

When she heard the door shut, she suddenly began to feel really cold. "I'm so sorry, Sev!"

"Don't! I don't even want to look at you!" Severus snapped at her. She felt him stride past her and open another door which was behind his desk, where he shouted, "You better report here tomorrow for the first of your many detentions! Now... leave!"

And leave she did. She more or less ran out of the room, fighting back the tears. She had stupidly expected nobody to be waiting for her in order to escort her to bed, but she was wrong. Professor McGonogall was waiting for her. In a cold a silence, Lillian was led to her chamber. McGonogall muttered something about how she hoped Lillian would now open up her eyes to reality before she herself went to bed.