Part 1

Emma's P.O.V.

The alarm woke me up. I moaned and turned around but it was Monday and damn it, work was just too much on Mondays. My son, Henry, came to my room once again to wake me up and maybe snuggle with me. He was such a hugger. If he could, he'd hug me all day long and never let me go.
But he was a sweetie. The most precious thing I ever asked for.
Of course he didn't have the best years but I was trying to be for him both a mother and a father.
I knew I couldn't make it but at least I could try.
Henry never asked for his father since the day I told him he died some days after he was born.
If I told him that his father dump us when I got pregnant and now he's living a life a bunch of women in New York, he'd hate me.

Henry came into my room and gave me a kiss. I smiled at him.
'Good morning kid.' I said smiling.
'Hi mom. How did you sleep?' He asked me.
'Fine. You?' I asked and I stood up.
The weather outside was chilly so I picked up some warm clothes.
'Good. I just have a weird headache.' Henry said. I touched his fever and frowned. He was feverish.
'Did you eat ice cream again Henry?' I asked and he smirked.
'No.... maybe a little.' He admitted. He always claimed that I have a super power; being able to tell if someone was lying or not.
'Okay, no school today.' I said and he smiled.
He went back to his room and stayed there quietly until I got back from work.

I went into his room and he was still there sleeping. I went next to him and touched his forehead again. He was just abnormally feverish.
'Henry?' I said and he didn't seem to move or interact with me.
Me heart started beating harder and harder.
'HENRY!?' I yelled but nothing. I called the paramedics and one hour later we were at the hospital with the doctors examining Henry.

I was waiting about an hour when one of the getting out.
'Are you miss Swan?' He asked me quietly.
I was about to faint.
'Yes. Please tell me, what's going on? How's Henry?' I asked and he touched my arm.
'Calm down. He's fine. There is just a small brain damage but nothing to worry about. Did your son hurt his head these days?' He asked.

I gave it a thought.
'He plays football... and he hurt his head one day but I don't think...-' I said and he cut me off.
'He hurt on a very vital spot. Anyway, he is fine. But he needs to undergo a surgery to make his brain back to normal.' He said.
I almost cried. My son a brain surgery?
'You mean...?' I asked and he made me sit on a chair.
'His brain will slowly react with his everyday life making him feverish and other symptoms. If he gets operated,we're going to connect some brain cells back with the brain that have been damaged and he'll be back to normal again.' He said.
I didn't say a thing. I just stared at the ground.
'You mean, if he undergoes this surgery he's okay?' I asked with my eyes all wet.
'Like it never happened.' He answered smiling and ambitious.
'And if he doesn't?'
His face got darker.
'Maybe he will paralyzed for the rest of his life.' He said. My heart started beating harder.
'He will.' I said without giving a thought. It was about my son. I would do anything for him to be okay. Anything.

'It will not be that easy. We do not do these operations. He has to travel to New York.' He said.
A lot of things popped in my head when I heard this city. Like Henry's dad.
'Okay....when?' I asked. If he could be operated now I would do it.
'Within the next month. Until then he just has to go to school and eat healthy. Nothing more. No outdoors activities and no video games.' He demanded. 'I will call the hospital in NY, to tell them about Henry.' He said. I thanked him and asked him the price.
'Well.... it's expensive. 400.000' He said.
I almost had a heart attack.
I didn't have that much.
I had to do something,immediately.