Chapter 25

(Zayn's POV)

"I lost her."

"I'm sorry, man."

Harry and I were at my apartment in the living room. I layed on the couch, staring at the ceiling while Harry sat on one of the chairs, flipping through channels.

"It's all my fault."

"True."

I glared at him and then looked back at the ceiling.

I sighed, "I told her how I really felt about her."

"Really?"

"I told her I loved her."

Harry froze then slowly turned to me. His eyes were wide and his mouth was open.

"What?"

I bit my lip. "I love her, Harry. But it doesn't matter, she doesn't feel the same way. She ran away when I told her."

He sighed and leaned back into the chair. "Wow, Zayn. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, me too."

It was silent for a while and Harry looked like he was thinking about something.

"Isn't that dangerous though?"

"What do you mean?" I asked and looked over at him.

"If Chris knew that Emily was important to you, he could use her against you."

I immediately sat up and looked Harry straight in the eye.

"I would never let that happen."

"I know that," he put his hand up, "but it could. Like your sister-"

"Harry."

"Right, sorry."

I sighed, "Chris doesn't even know about Emily."

"He probably already does."

I fell back into the couch and ran my hand through my hair.

"What have I done, Harry?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean, I know why I started working for Chris, but why did I have to put Emily in danger?"

"This is what I've been telling you since you first told me about her."

"I know."

He sighed, "You never listen."

I chuckled, "I know that too."

"Dumbass."

I smiled and looked at the TV as Harry continued flipping through channels.

***

I walked down the long, red carpeted hallway until it ended with big double doors. I pushed open the doors and walked into the room.

A long table was set in the middle of the room and was surrounded by red walls with multiple pictures hung on them.

Chris sat at the end of the table with one of his body guards standing behind his chair. Chris smiled in a mocking way and gestured to a chair.

"Ah Zayn, please take a seat."

I sat down two seats away from him and waited for him to speak.

"So, I heard you and Emily broke up? I thought that would never happen." He said as if he was happy we're no longer together.

My eyes widened and I felt my heart beat faster.

"How do you-"

"I have my ways."