Chapter 18

Please read the author's note at the end.

-----------------------

I close my locker just as the bell rings and walk down the hall.

It's been a few weeks since my first date with Zayn, and we've been on several more. They were all wonderful. And I felt more comfortable and happier with each one.

We aren't dating, well at least I don't think so. Zayn hasn't made it official.

I want us to be official. I think Zayn does too, but maybe he isn't ready yet? I don't know.

But I'm not going to worry about it. He'll ask me when he's ready.

I walk into Science class and see Tyler and Niall sitting together. I walk over to their table and sit next to Tyler.

They know that I've been going on dates with Zayn. They aren't happy about it, but they don't complain too much either.

I'm grateful they don't complain, but I wish they could understand that I like Zayn.

"Hey," I say as I sit beside Tyler.

"Hey," Tyler and Niall both greet me back. The teacher soon speaks up and starts the lesson.

Zayn and I have been closer. We talk more and hang out more, which is fun. Sometimes if I'm bored or can't sleep at night, I'll call him and he'll always pick up. We usually talk until I'm tired or I fall asleep while we're talking.

Last week, Zayn took me to a fair that was a few minutes away. We had a lot of fun that day. I made us go on all the rides and play all the games. Zayn even won me a giant stuffed panda.

But we had to leave when Zayn mysteriously got gum in his hair. I think it was from a kid that was sitting behind us on one of the rides.

Zayn started freaking out when I told him and he immediately brought me back to the parking lot and left. It was quite funny actually.

When we got back to his apartment, he spent a long time in the bathroom getting it out and I had to help him. I wasn't much help though because I kept laughing.

When the bell rang at the end of class, I shot up out of my seat and exited the room.

That was my last class for today, so I put my books back into my locker and walk outside.

"Emily!"

I turn around when I hear my name called and see Eleanor walking over to me.

"Hey, I was wondering if you would like to go to the mall," she smiled.

"Uh, sure," I smile back. We start walking to the parking lot together when I see Zayn leaning against his car watching me.

"I'll be right back," I say to Eleanor and she nods. I go over to Zayn and stand in front of him.

"I thought you were coming over to my place," Zayn says.

"I can't, I'm going to the mall with Eleanor."

He nods. "Okay, have fun buying everything."

I lightly hit his arm and laugh. Zayn kisses my cheek and smiles.

"Bye," I smile and walk back to Eleanor.

***

We have been shopping for about two hours now. My feet hurt and Eleanor's arms are loaded with bags while I only carry three.

"I have to sit," I say and sit down on a bench. Eleanor sits next to me and drops all of her bags in front of her.

"That was a lot to carry," she sighs.