Mycroft: What A Romantic

Start from the beginning

~

Your POV

You had prayed to God for anything to come break this boring dinner. And He had answered your prayers. A knock from Heaven itself came to the door, and you snapped up, offering to get it. You padded to the front door, and opened it up revealing a curly haired man who towered over your small frame. He inspected you quizzically, but recognition came to his eyes just as quick.

"Oh, you must by my brother's fake wife." Brother? Fake wife? Before you could ask what in the bloody hell this man was talking about, he opened up his trap again. "I thought he was going to divorce you after a couple months, just till he was on good terms with the big guys. I wonder then, if my dear brother has developed sentiment towards you? Perhaps, I always knew he was a softy." Taking deep breaths, you tried to make sense of this new information, but failed to do so. A phone went off somewhere inside the house, and you heard Mycroft answer it. After your initial freak out, as the tall man you now knew as Mycroft's brother stood in front of you, you made
a choice - you'd play along.

"He had to stay married to me for longer," you said, trying to be vague with your words.

"I wonder why... I guess his boss said he needed to impress the others for longer. I'm surprised you have put up with him for this long willingly. He must be paying you quite a sum to be his fake wife. Of course, no amount is enough to pay you for dealing with him." You stood in shock. Mycroft is using me to advance himself further in his career? That was my idea! Inside, you heard the phone being slammed into the receiver. "Is Mycroft in there?" You had momentarily forgotten about Mycroft's brother whom you had never heard of, and now looked up at him.

"Give me a second and I'll go get him," you smiled, slamming the door, then marched into the dining room, ready to confront your "husband".

~

Mycroft's POV

Seconds later, after I thought I had escaped the confines of moving, the phone rang. I reluctantly removed myself from the chair and made my way over.

"Hello," I growled.

"Hello, is (y/n) there?"

"No, she can't come to the phone. Can I take a message?"

"Yes. Please tell her that the divorce papers are ready for whenever she needs them. I understand she had them set for 6 months out of the marriage, and it's already been 7, so please have her call me back so we can discuss these matters." Divorce papers? Why did she already have them set before we got married? Had she been planning to divorce me this whole time? I slammed the phone into the receiver, not liking being confused. Had this whole relationship been a lie? Not that it mattered to me, I had never developed feelings for her, that was against my rules, but I had thought of this idea to trick her, not her to trick me. I heard the front door shut, and listened as she marched back into the dining room. Time to meet my "wife" halfway.

~

Your POV

You both entered the grand dining room at the same time. For some reason, he looked as peeved as you did. But you dismissed it, your anger and embarrassment at being tricked bubbling within.

"You lied to me. This whole marriage was a sham so you could impress some people and keep your job? That's low of you Mycroft." He chuckled.

"Oh please (y/n), don't set yourself on such a pedistool. You married me just to get a promotion. In it for the money I see?"

"Well you were in it for the power." Suddenly, the realization of what he said hit you. He knew? "How do you know?" you asked harshly.

"You really should have your personal calls directed to your personal mobile, or anyone could answer the phone and hear about divorce papers that were supposed to be signed a month ago." You didn't allow your jaw to drop, not this time. Instead, you shot back at him.

"Well you really should tell your family members to keep their mouth shut when talking to their fake sister-in-law." Mycroft just rolled his eyes.

"My brother is not very bright, I apologize for that." For a few seconds nothing was said. In that time, you assessed the situation in your mind. We both tried to trick each other to better ourselves. We both fell for each other's tricks. "You know, we're lucky we found each other," said Mycroft, breaking your thoughts. You snapped your head up to meet his gaze. He looked away awkwardly. "I mean what are the chances that two intelligent enough people looking to find someone to trick falling in love with them to better their careers end up finding each other?"

"Sounds like a love story," you joked, snorting at the very idea of it.

"I don't believe in love stories," stated Mycroft, his nose rising up proudly.

"Well neither do I," you agreed. He smirked, impressed at you, and you did the same to him. He cleared his throat nervously, the first time you had ever seen him actually nervous.

"Would you like to finish dinner?" he asked, looking off into space at the floor, only to glance up at you momentarily in hopes you'd say yes. For a second you debated leaving, obviously there was not point to staying, the marriage that had gotten you the job was off. But you
Saw Mycroft pull out your chair for you, a true gentleman act, and for a second you saw a glimpse of him as your real husband, not a fake one.
"Well?" he asked, worry creeping around the edge his voice as he tried to hide it. You smiled inwardly at his fear of rejections. You went to sit back down in your chair, which he held open for you.

"Only if this doesn't turn into a love story," you teased, giggling as Mycroft's ears turned red and he went to sit down across from you at the table.

~

That dinner was the start of it. They each told,their plans for using marriage to better their lives, and that's how they bonded. Needless to say they were very impressed with each other's foolproof ideas. They laughed at how they had fallen into their own trap. And that's how they came to realize only they could be together because no one else would understand their drive for achieving the highest they could in their careers. That's how they came to fall in love and actually get married, not in a tiny white room in a courthouse, but with people they loved surrounding them. That's how their story came to an end.

A/N

First Mycroft story. I had to study, I wasn't sure how to write for him, but I tried to get an idea! Give me some feedback please, I love feedback.

So finally got to write. Was supposed to update last night but some stuff came up and I did not get the chance.

I miss writing. I miss you folks. I miss my daily double updates.

I miss Sherlock.

Thank you to those of you that have been reading, voting, and commenting. I hope you all are still with me on this. My busy week is over (praise the lawd) so that means more time for writing!

I'm super tired so some of the story may not have made sense and my authors note may not be making sense.

But yeah.

Look for an update soon.

Leave me comments, they make my day.

Okay night,

Enjoy