These impossible standards are made, yet a lot of people fail to meet them, so no pressure or anything.

I sat on my bed, I've already finished packing but still didn't make any attempt to take my bags downstairs to let my parents know that I was actually ready to go. Sure I was all packed and ready, but I wasn't ready, not emotionally. I ran my perfectly short and manicured fingers through my hair for the upteenth time giving myself a mental pep talk as I stare at my reflection in my full lenth mirror from underneath my lashes. I was breathing faster and heavier by the second as the adrenalin started to pump through my system.

As a werewolf every emotion is heightened, which is why we tend to fight more vicious, cry louder and love deeper. Contrary to popular belief, we werewolves do not have destined mates. At least we get to choose the person we are spending the rest of our lives with.

I was running through random thoughts like these when I heard a faint knocking at my door.

"Yeah?" I called out.

My mother's head of brown locks peaked into my room. I always wanted her hair, instead I was left with my fathers strawberry blonde, straight as an arrow hair, and the usual blue eyes that goes with it. I didn't hate my golden head or my pale blue eyes, but it was nothing to talk about.

My mother gave me a warm smile, "Honey, you ready?"

I groaned and let my head fall into my hands that's resting on my elbows, covering my face.

"No!"

Even though there was carpets in my room, because of the heightened hearing abilities I could still hear my mother's footsteps towards me before I felt the bed dip slightly beneath her as she sat beside me. For a moment there was complete silence and I could practically hear her think of something motivational to say to me.

A few seconds passed when I felt the familiar warm, soft touch of her hand on my shoulder.
"Sweety, are you alright?" her voice was soothing and gentle and strangely reminded me of honey like it always had.

I stifled a sob and latched onto her like she was my lifeline, "No mom! I'm not okay," I looked up into her warm eyes that was looking at me with so much pity that I started to feel sorry for myself. "Please let me stay, don't make me go, PLEASE!"

My mother looked away, tears brimming her own eyes now. She couldn't look me in the eyes and I instantly knew what that meant, this was the only time she couldn't give me what I want, the camp was compulsory for every single werewolf. Once I saw how much pain my unhappiness was causing her I immediately stopped my crying best I could and slowly got up.

I dragged my luggage behind me feeling drained of all energy, I got to the car and my dad loaded my bags, when he finally saw my vacant expression he sighed and turned to me gripping me firmly by the arms.

"You know I love you right?"

I looked down and avoided his gaze, silent.

"And you know I wouldn't send you away if I even though for one second it could put you in danger."

I felt my lip quiver.

"Don't fear something you don't know anything about. If you have that kind of mindset you'll live your whole life in fear."

With that my gaze shifted from the ground to him before I gave him a hug. Too defeated to try and argue with him, so instead I just climbed into the car and waited for the four hour drive to begin.

And soon it did...

The car was silent as the dead, well except for the car radio that was softly playing
classical music. I sighed once again and continued to read my book, I was still on the same page as when the drive started 3 hours ago, I couldn't concentrate on one word. I kept rereading the page but came up empty when I tried to remember what I actually read.