Chapter 5 - Your Women

Chapter 5

I'm awakened by a hand caressing my head. I instantly recognize it as my mothers and my eyes flutter open. She looks down at me and smiles.

"How are you feeling?" she asks nicely. I know this trick. Make sure they're okay before you kick the kid's ass.

"Better but very stiff." I glance at the clock that reads 7:12pm.

"Good."

I sit up in my bed and grab my phone off of my table. One text.

I figured you'd be napping just call when you want to meet. – H

I set it aside and stretch waiting for my mum to get going with her plan. She just glances at my phone and stands before taking a breath.

"Your curfew has been moved to ten for a week. If there's no nonsense after it is restored you can have it back but if not you will be grounded."

"Okay."

She just stares at me for a minute with her arms crossed obviously not satisfied with my answer before leaving. When she does I strip naked and wrap a towel around my chest to take a shower before grabbing my phone to shoot Harry an answer.

Gimme 10 minutes. Got any food?

I run across the hall to the toilet and hop in the shower quickly washing my body and my hair. When I'm done I blow dry it and clip it back. I like how easy the short cut is but not being able to put it in a ponytail kind of sucks. When I'm done I go back to my room and throw on my old jeans, an oversized sweater and a hat to cover up my hastily done hair. By now it has probably gotten really chilly outside.

Now to get past my family...

It should be easy but I hate lying. The truth is so much easier but that's the last thing they want to hear. I am allowed to go out I just have to be back by 10. I'm not breaking any rules but the ones unspoken, the ones they refuse to say but expect you to obey. I could tell them I'm just going to see Harry but then they'd give me a hard time about it. They never said I wasn't allowed to see him but now that I'm telling them that they don't want me to do that either. I roll my eyes at the true prediction and start my way downstairs.

When I get there mum is alone in the kitchen washing dishes and my dad is nowhere to be seen. He's probably in his office. If Park isn't down here he's in his room. If I don't leave soon he'll be down here to see what I'm up to. My mum soon realizes my presence and turns around.

"Hey Mo, if you're hungry there's leftovers in the fridge." She says before turning back to her chore.

I mutter a thanks and open it grabbing an apple and slipping out the back door. I internally celebrate my great escape then hurry my way through the path to our spot. When I get there Harry comes into view lied out on his stomach on a blanket his phone lighting up his face. He hears me approaching and looks up smiling.

"Hey Em! How's my party girl? Sleep well?" He greets. I note the nickname he just gave me and decide I like it better than the one I've had all my life. Mo, I don't resent it because it's basically my name but it's not very pretty. Em's better.

"Pretty good, got all that shit out of my system. What'd you get me?" I nod to the container dropping down beside him.

"White chili, it's got chicken and whatever else instead of the usual. My mum made it; it's pretty good." I open it up and see the steam waft up into the cool air. Harry opens his own handing me a spoon then nods to the apple in my lap. "Dessert?"

"Oh no it was uh, my escape plan." I chuckle.

"How much trouble did you get in?"

"My curfew is now ten and Park is beyond pissed."