Chapter 12 - Not Working

I never knew that raising a teenager would be so hard. Don't get me wrong, I love Lily with my life, but raising her in my family is hard. My Mother and Father are ALWAYS here criticizing my every parenting technique. Caz is always coming over to hang after work, which means no time for Lily to do school work. Which then always ends up with me being the bad guy. This other night Caz actually sat and watched Lily sleep. Ethan had gone back home much to the disappointment of Lily. Although, Edward had been AWOL recently. He hadn't come around for a while now. Maybe he had a girlfriend? It was concerning to say the least. But Lily had gotten into another fight and this time I was called. She ended up being suspended for two days and everyone praised her for her "bravery". I tried to give her a strong talking too but Mum and Dad told me to leave her alone. Ugh. My child was going to become confused.

Raising a teen is so much harder then I first imagined. I now know what my parents went through with me. The week goes past faster and I don't know what I used to do with my spare time before I was a mother. Now, my every waking moment is trying to make sure she's okay and making sure she has food in her stomach and clean clothes on her back. I never thought I could love someone else more than I love myself, but it turns out I can.

The week had passed quickly and I had gone out to do food shopping. I left Lily at home with Jack as he liked to bond with her. They had become two peas in a pod. I returned from doing the weekly shopping in a record time of an hour and a half. I waddled up the hall with 12 shopping bags in my hand as I'll be damned if I was to do two trips. I entered the kitchen and was greeted with Lily and Jack sitting at the dinning room table along with Liam. I forgot to call him to apologize. I stopped in my tracks and stared at him for a long moment before my arms started to scream out in pain. I lifted the shopping onto the bench and stared at him studying his features.

"Cameron, its good to see you." Liam stated simply as he raised one eyebrow. Indicating he was surprised by the new changes that has happened since we talked last.

"Yeah, its good to see you too." I said with a small smile. "Have you met Lily and Jack?"

"Yeah, I did. I think we have a lot to talk about." Liam said while giving me the side eye.

"That we do. Lily and Jack can you please put away the grocery's while Liam and I have a chat outside." Jack eyed me and looked almost annoyed. What was his problem? He nodded his head none the less and stood to help Lily put away the grocery's. Liam followed me outside and took a seat at the picnic table across from me.

"So Cameron, looks like you've been busy over the time you've been suspended. Cameron, what the fuck, you're a Mum! Its a bit early for a mid-life crisis don't you think?" Liam asked in a quiet whisper.

"Liam, no one's going to hear you. Why does everyone keep saying that? If you must know Lily isn't a mid-life crisis, she's my daughter." I said while looking over his shoulder to see Jack standing by the sliding door staring at Liam and I. I give him a pointed look and he stared back not moving from the sliding door. Liam followed my glare and saw Jack standing trying to look fierce.

"Oh and the doctor from the hospital, you actually date him now! I thought he was way out of your league." Liam said as he turned back to face me.

"LIAM! I don't want to fight with you alright, just tell me why you're here." I grumbled.

"Oh touchy! Parenting does that to people."

"Liam!"

"Alright, alright! I came because you have your review next Monday and I had to bring these forms." He reached into his man purse that he had slung around his shoulder and handed me a wad of papers. "Everyone misses you back at the office. Boss man Brian keeps asking if I got in touch with you. We thought that you would've come home to check up on everyone, guess you don't love us as much as you say you do." Liam stated with a sad face looking down at the papers.