I let him chase me until i caught him, but who is he? 42

Magsimula sa umpisa

He smiles and place a chair besides Jeanne's bed. He held her hand and just watched her fall asleep. It didn't matter to him that the chair was uncomfortable or the fact that he was tired. The time didn't even bothered him. He was happy just to see the person he loves and the thought that this time he's there for her when she needs him.

Anthony leaned a little carefully so he wont wake Jeanne up, and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. He then sat back again and rested on his chair... dreaming of a pair of rings and Jeanne on a long and beautiful white gown.

——

Jeanne wake up feeling a lot better than yesterday with her fever almost gone. She looked to her right and saw Anthony sleeping while sitting on a chair with his head on Jeanne's bed and holding her hand. A warm feeling came over her heart.

She was about to touch his hair but the thought of Jazz suddenly came to mind. Jazz is my boyfriend.. he should be the one that I'm in love with... not with you... but the thought somehow saddens her. She knew all too well that in her heart there is only one person and no matter how much she denies it, it'll always be him.. She shook off her thought and let go of Anthony's hand. 

Slowly, she places a pillow under Tony's head. She stood up and took an extra blanket from her drawers and covered him. She, then, walked downstairs.

The sun was just rising up as she looks outside the window. John's car parked in front of their house in which bewildered Jeanne. Arent they too early to come home?

She opened the door and saw Jazz already getting out of the car. Jazz saw Jeanne and ran up to her. Hugging her and feeling relieved that she's okay. He broke off the hug and checked her out.

"are you feeling better??" Jazz asked with concern on his face.

Jeanne smiled and nodded.. her smile faded and guilt suddenly struck her heart as she saw Jazz's face clearly. His eyes were bloodshot and have dark circles around it.. a clear reminder that He hasnt slept a wink... Jeanne traced the dark circles under Jazz's eyes.. because of me? the thought saddens her... He loves me this much and yet I cant return it..

"Idiot.." Jeanne muttered and kissed both of his eyes. "you are the one who needs some rest"

John and the others came up to them.. every single of them looked tired and about to collapse. John placed his hand on his forehead and the other on his twin's.. comparing his twin's temperature with his.. He smiled and kissed her forehead.. "I'm glad you're okay now"

"why are you guys so early? and you guys look horrible" Jeanne asked them full of concern as they get inside the house. MJ and Jesse collapsed on the couch while Jazz and John sit on a chair in the breakfast bar. John's head was buried in his arms.

MJ, Jesse and John pointed at Jazz. "The guy wouldnt shut up about going home.. he was worried about you and almost caused trouble during the interview" Jesse said with his eyes closed. Jeanne could hear MJ snoring beside Jesse.

Jeanne looked at Jazz and Jazz gave a weak sheepish smile.. guilt filled her chest once again.. It should be with you whom I should fall in love with.. Her brain keeps telling her to be with Jazz but she knows in her heart.. its not love.. Jazz will always be just a friend.

Jeanne stood up and started preparing something to eat for them and also served them coffee.. the boys happily munch on their breakfast except for MJ who is still sleeping.

"wait a minute.. Are you alone right now?" Jesse asked Jeanne with concern on his face.

"hmm.. not really.. Anthony is upstairs sleeping.. He took care of—-" before Jeanne could finish her sentence.. the three boys shot up and ran upstairs.. even MJ opened his eyes and started walking groggily..

Jeanne headed upstairs too and looked at them with bewilderment. She heard them gave a sighed of relief as they saw Anthony sleeping on a chair and not on a bed.

"you guys really have dirty minds.." Jeanne shook her head.. "now, go rest on John's bedroom.. the four of you need it.."

"you need to rest too.. and there's no way in hell I would let you sleep in your bed" Jazz said, not hiding the fact that he is pissed at the sight of Anthony in Jeanne's bedroom or the fact that Anthony was the one who took care of her and not him.

John tapped Jazz's back and shake his head a little.. "how about the three of you sleep in Jeanne's room... I think its okay with you guys if Jeanne sleep beside me.. and its much safer since there's no way in hell I would let my twin be alone with anyone of you" John suggested and just like that... MJ, Jazz and Jesse slept in Jeanne's bedroom together with Anthony while Jeanne rested in John's bed while John took care of her.

———————-

"Jeanne..." John's voice called out to her.. making Jeanne open her eyes... the first thing she saw was a pair of green eyes like her mother's... she smiled at the thought that her family is complete again... How long has it been since John and I slept on a same bed? she thought.. making her nostalgic about the old days...

Jeanne looked at John and saw his face was serious.. She knows too well that there is something that is bothering her twin. "what is it??"

"is something bothering you??" John asked her.. call it twin magic or telepathy or something but Jeanne and John always know right away when something is wrong with each other..

Jeanne didnt say anything.. she just kept quiet but she knows that John already knew..

"Do you still love him?" he asked.. Jeanne nodded yes... John could see that Jeanne is feeling guilty about it since she's with Jazz right now.. and He is more than anything she could ask for..

"how about Jazz? do you truly love him?" John asked the question Jeanne feared..

"I want to give him what he wants.. He deserves it.." she said..

John shakes his head.. "you do know that all you are doing is hurt him... he loves you.. a lot.. I've known that ever since I met the brat.."

"I'm trying to love him as a man.. as a lover.. but I can only love him as a friend.. I dont want to hurt him John... he deserves someone better than I am" Jeanne asked.. tears pricking her eyes...

John wiped his sister's tear.. "you have to do the right thing.. follow your heart Jeanne.. only in that way, the two of you could really be happy" he advised her...

Jeanne smiled a little.. John hugged her and she buried her head on his chest.. She calmed hearing John's steady heartbeat...

"how about Anne?? when are you planning to propose to her?" Jeanne asked.. John's heartbeat suddenly became rapid and Jeanne thought that it would burst any moment.

Jeanne giggled... "make her happy John.." she smiled..

(end of chapter 42)