Rock and a Hard Place

Start from the beginning

"You said there was a witness," I told her.

"Yeah, well..." Jody trailed off, shrugging. "More or less."

    ~~~~~~~~     

Sam, Dean and I were sitting at a restaurant booth.

Jody and a homeless man joined us.

"Okay, Slim," Jody told him. "My friends here want to talk to you about the missing girl."

"Honor," Slim told us. "Her name was Honor. Nice girl. Always left me meatloaves."

"Mm," I hummed.

"Slim, why don't you tell us what you saw that night?" Sam asked.

"I heard a big noise, got woke, and there's somebody over there lifting a car up, like this," Slim explained, lifting his hands above his head.

"And did you happen to see who it was?" Dean asked.

Slim lowered his arms, shaking his head. "I was too far. But I saw a light go off."

"A white light?" I asked.

"Blue," Slim answered. "Blue like fire. But not. There she was--she wasn't there."

"Could you think of anything else?" Dean asked.

"No," Slim answered.

"Okay," I told him. "Well, Slim, thank you for your time."

I took out my wallet, handing Slim a $20 bill.

Slim took the money, standing, walking away, leaving.

"Okay," Sam told us. "So, no white light."

"No angel," Dean told us. "Has anybody talked to the victims' families?"

"It's next on my list," Jody told us.

"Okay, and you said that they were all part of the same church," I told her.

Jody nodded. "Mm-hmm."

I looked at Sam and Dean. "Ready to get your worship on?"

    ~~~~~~~~     

Dean and I were sitting in the Good Faith Church's office, across the desk from a woman named Bonnie.

"We hope you enjoyed the tour," Bonnie told us. "Any questions before we get you two registered?"

"Uh, yeah, uh, look, um, Mr. Futchko--" I started.

"Oh, please," Bonnie told us. "Bonnie will do just fine."

"Bonnie," I repeated. "Okay, um... love the church. We do. But... well, we've heard that a few members have gone missing, including an engaged couple like ourselves, and, to be honest... that kind of scares us."

"Let me assure you, with our increased security, Good Faith has never been safer," Bonnie told us. "And those people who have gone missing, well, they are front and center in our prayers."

Dean nodded cautiously. "What a relief. Now, you must have been, uh, close to them."

"Well, we do share the APU bond," Bonnie told us.

"The APU?" Dean repeated.

"Our chastity group," Bonnie answered. "'Abstinence Purifies Us'."

I nodded. "Oh. W--wow. You mind if we sit in on that, maybe see if it's for us?"