Chapter 17: Library

Enjoy!
"And that," points Fredrick, "is the way to the dungeons, where the potions classroom is." I look down the eerie staircase that spiraled down to the dungeon levels below.
"How cheerful,'' I say, "just my type of place."
"Yeah, we'll see if you still think the same thing after you meet the teacher."
"Alright," I smirk. I turn to Trevor and ask, "now that we finished the classrooms, care to lead the way to the library?"
"Of course," he says with a mock bow, "this way heiress of Hogwarts."
I roll my eyes and walk down the hall at a quick pace. Trevor, Fredrick, and the rest jog to catch up.

"I thought Trevor was leading the way?" Sam asks after I turn down a hall.
"Well," I say smirking, "correct me if I am wrong. Which won't happen."
"And why not,'' says Trevor.
"Because you forget I am the one with a magical map." I wave it in front of their faces. I turn back around and walk on. We walk up two flights of stairs and stop in front of a set of doors.
"Ta-da!"
James laughs and say, "well your map seems to be faulty."
I roll my eyes again and push open the doors.

I enter a dark room, the only light is that from the passageway, and the guys and Sarge are blocking most of the light. I walk forward into what seems to be the rooms center.  As I stop, lights along the walls edge come to life. The room isn't that large, but the ceiling is over 100 ft above my head. The room is filled with books on shelves that line the walls, and that go higher than I can clearly see, which is what the rolling ladder must be for.  In the center of the room is an ornately carved wooden table and high backed chair. Along the far side of the room is a grand marble fireplace, with a grouping of poof chairs around it. The rooms colour theme is a mixture of reds, blues, greens and yellows. You wouldn't think those colours would usually look good together, but in this case it was mesmerizing.

Conveniently I find on the fireplace mantle a plaque that would tell me what this room was. I walk over to to see what it says. As I had been looking around I see that the others had crept into the room and were exploring.  I approach the plaque  and rub off the dust with the heel of my hand, and read aloud.
"This library was created in 1502 by the founders of Hogwarts, and is dedicated to and for the Hogwarts heiress." Well how convenient. I turn around to look at the boys and Sarge. I laugh and say, "I guess it's another one of mine! Welcome to my personal library!"
They all gape, I think if James' mouth drops any lower it will hit the floor.
"James," I say, he looks back at me, "close your mouth or you'll catch flies."

Again they will be short, I'm already working on the next one! Tell me what you think! REMEMBER: VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!!!! THANK YOU- MARVELousMagic