Chapter 12: The Hogwarts Express

I yawn and reach over to check the time, 7:49 a.m., September 1st. Omg! I just remember that today is the day I leave for school! I roll out of bed only to land gracefully on my feet. In other words: I fell and lay sprawled out across the wooden floor. Sarge looks down at my from the foot of the bed.
"I'm alright," I groan. He goes back to sleep.
I take a shower, and hum random notes as I dry and straighten my hair. I apply my makeup and then step into the outfit I laid out for today. (The one in the picture)
I picked this out yesterday, and I think it may be a good first impressions outfit. Thought truthfully, I don't care what people think. I do what I want.

After that Sarge and I head down for breakfast. Trevor isn't there; so when we finish we head back upstairs, and I check my stuff again.

I heave the trunk back up onto my bed and go through my list. All school supplies I have placed in one expandable drawer. In another are all my Toiletries, another is for food and such. One holds books, the one above is all of Sarge's things. Last but not least, the largest section that has a few different compartment areas holds my school robes, shirts, shorts, pants, dresses, shoes, undergarments, purses, ect.

Everything seems to be in order. As I glance around the room, I hear a knock on the door.
I open it, knowing it will be Trevor.
"Are you all packed," he asks letting his trunk sit on the ground. He also puts the owl who's cage he was holding down beside it. The barn owl  hoots softly.
"Yes," is my reply, "I'm ready."
"Good because we need to leave in 10 minutes. I check the time, it's now 10:37.
"It won't take us long to get there, but as head boy I have to be there an hour early," he explains.
"Ok, I'll be down in 7. Can you take my trunk?" I gesture towards it.
"Sure," he levitates it and his own trunk, picks up the owl's cage and walks out of the room.

I grab my purse and sling it over my shoulder, and put my phone in my back pocket. Since we will be in muggle territory I grab Sarge's leash and connect it to the collar he is wearing. I gently pick up my sacred chocolate tree and place it on my hip. Sarge leads the way out of the room and I shut the door behind me.
Once downstairs I turn in my key and pay the man at the bar for my stay, then head out onto the muggle street. We meet Trevor at his magic car. (When it isn't being used it shrinks to the size of a matchbox)I help him lift our trunks into the trunk of the car, and we put his owl and Sarge into the back seat. I learn the owl is named Ace. We pull away from the Leaky Cauldron, and head towards King's Cross Station.

Upon arrival we grab trolleys and load our belonging onto them. Trevor leads the way, and I just follow behind with Sarge at my side. The muggles we see give Sarge a wide berth. Ha! Good, they will stay away from my chocolate tree that way.

I glance down at my ticket and do a double take. 9 3/4, is there such a thing? I go to ask Trevor but he speaks before me.
"Just do what I do, okay? Trust me." Then he turns back around and walks casually towards the barrier between platform 9 and 10. I open my mouth to protest, he is about to crash. As I begin to speak he disappears. I gape at the wall, did it just eat him? If this is a British custom I don't like it.

If he really was eaten I should go save him, so I timidly push my trolley up to it. I go to bump it against the wall but it just dissapears. I think what the heck let's do this. Sarge agrees. We run through the wall and- surprising live!
We're alive, I think.

Yes, said Sarge.

Turning the corner I see a platform number, 9 3/4. "I guess we made it," I muse out loud.
"You guessed right," I hear Trevor reply. I turn to look at him, he is standing beside a train, that is called The Hogwarts Express.

This is the moment I've been waiting for! I push the trolley over to Trevor who levitates my trunk and I follow behind him with Phil and Sarge. Trevor steps up into the first car of the train, and I follow close behind him with Sarge at my heels.