CH1

First of all I do not own One Piece. One Piece is owned by Eiichiro Oda. I only own my characters: Mia and Electrika.
Second, this is a fanfiction.
Third, enjoy.

*Yawn* Monday mornings are rough. I get out of bed and brush my teeth then begin getting dressed for school. I'm dragging a little. I go downstairs and I'm greeted by Robin and Franky.

"You're up early. Is there a special occasion?" Robin was acting as the aunt of the Straw Hats. "Yeah, I've never seen you up this early." Franky was the uncle.

We're hiding from the marines, which has been going very well for us. We live on one side of this island and the Marines live on the other side. This island is really big so it's hard for them to find us.

"N-no s-special occasion, I-I just wanted t-to get a head start to school." Luffy, Usopp, Nami, and I are all seniors. Sanji and Zoro finished high school last year. Now I get made fun of more...

Nami defends me when she can, but she's the Student body president so she's always busy. None of us have a class together, well Luffy and Usopp do.

"Well be careful out there. We wouldn't want any of the Marines to get you." Franky makes a face at me as he says this. I'm not very good with directions, much like Zoro, but I do know my way to school and back.

I was actually meeting up with someone. I couldn't tell Robin or Franky or anyone, not even Luffy. I was meeting with Coby and Helmeppo.

Coby, even though he's a marine, is one of the only people besides Helmeppo and an old friend of mine that knows about the Straw Hats.

He always offers to walk me to school. I accepted today. If anyone knew I'd be in trouble. We agreed to meet up at the halfway point between the school and my house.

I must have walked pretty fast because I saw him in no time. "Oh Mia, are you okay? You're breathing pretty hard," Coby asks.

"Y-yeah I-I'm fine." I stumble over my words every time I talk to someone. "Hello Miss Mia." Helmeppo always addresses me as "Miss" because I was the only one who remembered him when he, Coby, and my grandpa met us at Water 7.

Coby, Helmeppo, and I began walking when I caught my breath. I felt like I was captured and they were taking me away to be executed. Coby wouldn't do that to me though... Last I heard he had a crush on me. Nami told me.

I use to like Coby but I snapped myself out of it. I say it like it's a bad thing. Coby means well but I can't see myself with him. Not anymore.

I bump into Coby while I'm deep in thought. We all looked up at the school. It's a huge school. "So Mia, I heard some news about this guy who ate the Op-Op fruit."

Op-Op fruit? What kind of devil fruit is that? "W-what d-did you h-hear about him?" Coby is making me a little nervous. Is this guy an evil jerk or a melt your heart away sweetheart?

"He's not someone to be messed with. He'll rip you apart, literally," said Helmeppo. "Be careful Mia. He could be lurking around anywhere," Coby added.

Coby didn't give me much of a description. After he said what he had to say he put his hand on my shoulder and left. I sighed and walked away.

Gosh, is there really someone like that in this world? On this island I should say. My thoughts were interrupted again as Electrika, my old friend, yelled for me.

"Hey Mia! Over here!" Does she have to be so loud. She was a marine only because of her father, Smoker. I've never met him before.

Slowly I make my way to Electrika. She ate the Thunder-Thunder fruit. She could shock me at any time and I'd go crazy but that's only because I ate the Water-Water fruit.

"You walk like you're treading through water! Get a move on!" She ran over to me and pulled me to a crowd of screaming girls.

"W-what's the deal? W-why are all the girls here?" These girls were more annoying than Luffy alone. I couldn't see what or who they were screaming about. I tried pushing through and instead I got pushed down.

"Hey watch where you're pushing, you knocked my friend down!" The girl she was yelling at paid no attention to Electrika so her and I went to class. My first class was P.E.

The first bell rang and Electrika departed. I went to P.E. and changed into my P.E. clothes. When I came out there was a guy with dark obscure hair.