Layla, the student council advisor, was next to him, wearing a very bright pink camisole under a white fluffy sweater. Her hair was a light brown and fell in waves over her shoulders, framing a heart shaped face and pretty green eyes.

Tracy, the student council event planner, was on her side, her black hair cut short and sort of punk style so most of it was brushed towards the center of her face. It was actually kind of a boyish hair cut, but it looked good with her sharp, cat-like features. Her brown eyes were cat like with the black eyeliner she caked on. She wore a black turtleneck and black jeans.

Bret, the student council historian, was the last student council member. A redheaded, freckle faced kid with pale blue eyes and an obsession with anime and manga and Star Wars who had the biggest bug collection known to man. He even wore the promotional t-shirts, and keychains on his ridiculously tight jeans.

All people who used to sneer at us and spit at us because we broke their rules and broke the general rules. Now most of them were smiling from ear-to-ear or pretending they didn't hate us.

"Now then," Katie said, her voice tinged with excitement as she took a bite of her turkey sandwich before continuing, "The dance starts at eight, but we need to be here a good couple hours early to set everything up. Trevor and Evan had the basketball team help them put up the ceiling decorations last night, so we don't need to worry about that."

"Now it's just the decorations for the wall, the stage, the band, and the snack area." Jace spoke up, sniffling a little and wiping something on his sleeve. I cringed inwardly. How did this guy even graduate from kindergarten? I almost expected him to just dig his finger into his nose. I felt Adam's hand rest on mine under the table, making me glance him, but he was quiet and listening to Katie as she went on with a nod.

"Exactly. Tracy, you need to gather up students to help out. There should be some members of the football team willing to help." She said, turning to Tracy, who blew at the hair in her face, but it stayed in place as she folded her arms over her chest.

"I think I rather gag myself with a fork because those pricks won't help us knowing these four are at the dance." She said, glancing at us four. Adam shrugged, letting go of my hand to pick up his thermos of cherry juice.

"We'll help as much as we can. It won't take long for us to set up." He replied. Tracy gave him a long stare as he took a drink. It took me a moment to realize her eyes were hungry and she was mentally undressing him. Surprisingly, it didn't really bother me. Rather, it made me blush to realize that she could stare all she wanted, but Adam wasn't the least bit interested in her. He barely spared her a glance.

"Says you," Kipp muttered, taking a sip from his juice box, "You don't play the drums."

"I love drummers." Layla blurted. I forgot to mention she was a little ditzy and tended to open her mouth and say stupid things, but it didn't matter. I think she was using her stupidity to her advantage now because she was smiling flirtatiously at Kipp, who blushed right to the tips of his ears. Seth tensed beside me, making me raise an eyebrow at him. He shot me a dirty look, then looked at Katie.

"Kipp and I are staying after school, so we'll help out early. Adam and Julian have to go home first; they have family coming into town for his birthday this weekend." He informed dryly in an attempt to change the subject. Katie's eyes got big.

"It's your birthday this weekend?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah." I mumbled.

"Happy Birthday," She beamed, clasping her hands together excitedly, "And, boy, do I have an exciting present for you!" She reached down to the floor at her feet. I frowned, sharing a curious stare with Adam before we watched as Katie place a huge box on the table.