Chapter 2 The Tattooed Stranger (Reese's POV)

Начните с самого начала

 "But why wouldn't they tell me?"

 He pulls open the drawer and grabs the schedule. "Tamara and Kelly worked with them last, maybe they know something." Setting the folded towels below the counter he adds, "Who knows, maybe they just forgot?"

 "Yeah, you're probably right." Maybe he is right. Maybe it is just my paranoia that has me bothered. But my students are my life. We have a great connection. And I'll be damned if someone comes and takes it all away from me. I narrow my eyes and say, "If any of them call up here, please come find me."

 "Will do."

 I point at him. "I don't care if you interrupt my class or if you have to get me out of the girls' locker room. I need to find out what's going on."

 Tilting his head to the side, he says, "There have been a lot of requests for Martial Arts classes. Maybe he'll teach Jiu-Jitsu. That'd be pretty sweet."

 "That would be." I pick up the phone and try Pam. "Does Kelly work today?"

"Nope, just me and you."

 "Ugh." I roll my eyes.

 "Thanks. I love you, too."

 "Stop it. You know what I mean." I hang up the phone a little harder than I should. "She's not answering. I'm freaking out a little."

 "Ya think?" He chuckles.

                                                                                    ***

  Class is about to begin, and my girls are all lined up side-by-side. They're anxiously waiting to get inside the octagon. I can't help but smile when I spot Ally's sassy hairdo. Her usual long blonde locks are cut into a short bob that accentuates her features. Knowing she needs the attention, I choose to use her for the demonstration in the lesson.

"Now remember, Ally, I'm a professional. You don't need to worry about hurting me. When I'm close enough behind you, I want you to attack me with all you've got." I lean down so that our faces are level. "Do you remember what I showed you last week?"

 She gazes at me with her big brown eyes, frowning as she puts on her armor. "Aren't you gonna wear some protection?"

 My heart melts at the concern on her face. Ally happens to be my best friend's nine-year-old niece. She also happens to be my favorite student. Her parents decided to enroll her after an incident she had with some girls at school, and I've already seen a difference in her confidence. "The armor's for you kids. I'll be fine."

 She doesn't look convinced, but she gets in the proper position anyway, standing in front of me.

"Remember, you can do a lot of damage with your elbow. Aim for my eyes or nose. Pick an area that will give you more time to get away."

She nods her head as I speak from behind her.

 "And I know what's coming, so don't worry, I'll block you. Okay?"

 "Okay," her muffled voice says through the mask.

"Ready?"

 "Ready."

 As I creep up from behind she's throwing elbows from her left and then her right. I'm immediately impressed at her defense as I block her with my hands, stepping back to protect my face. "You're doing great Ally!  Keep it up!" I yell, and she does exactly as I ask.