Chapter 40

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

"Give me six months, Elaine. I can't just marry you right away after my grandmother has passed away." I told Elaine when we are in the balcony of my house.

I was thankful that Elaine is sincere these days and she's one of the people that comforts me.

"Of course, Patrick, I respect that besides I'm not hurrying to our marriage. It's just that I'm pregnant." She said. I can't believe that she still pushes the fact that I was the father of that child. I just let it pass for now and sadly smile at her.

"Thank you." I said.

My mind has been a mess these last couple of days. I want to think straight, but it seems that I can't. Chasity's still in Matthew's hands and I have no idea if she's still safe and sound. We're all dying I'm worry because of her and I hope we're the only one with the 'dying' situation here. I wouldn't know what to do if something really bad happens to her. Brendon and Sarah have heard the news too and we filled them up with information and they're now here with us, trying to contact Matthew.

Elaine doesn't know anything. The girl is clueless about what his step brother had done. I don't want to tell her anything about it because I was thinking that maybe if she found out, Matthew will be mad and that madness will all be poured to Chasity so I'm not taking the risk.

"I didn't know you have a step brother, Elaine." I casually told her.

"Oh, I haven't told you? Yeah, his name is Matthew. He's a surgeon now. It's been a while since I last saw him. I heard from my step mom that there's something wrong with him." Elaine answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my heart beat getting faster.

"My step mom said they had to stop him from going to work because he's hurting his patients. She also said that Matthew had anger issues over things and he hates music. He's not like that before, he was sweet and innocent when we were in college. I don't know what happened to him." She explained.

She was right, Matthew was a sweet and innocent guy back then, but to what Elaine had described he became a psychopath. Is this because of us? Maybe he took the fact of leaving him behind too seriously and if he really is a psycho now, we have to get Chasity out of his hands.

"I need to go to Pete's. Are you going to be fine here?" I asked.

"Of course. Take care, Patrick." She replied and I immediately went to Pete's.

Fortunately, they were all there already. I told them everything I found out and they panicked more. Well, who wouldn't? Chasity's on the hands of a psychopath surgeon...he can do anything to her.

"Guys...He sent us a message." Andy said and he looked at his phone in fear.

"Meet me in the abandoned factory near your studio in 30 minutes. I heard Patrick have postponed the wedding and I want to make another deal. Your girl will be there with me." Joe read and we're already on our feet.

This is our chance to save her and I'm planning not fuck up this time. I'd even give my hand just free her from him.

----------------------------------------