Prologue

"Chasity? What the hell are you doing?" my brother suddenly walked into my room while I stand in front of the mirror holding a scissor. I looked at him and sighed.

"What do you think? I'm finding a way to pay our debts," I said to him and he stared at me worriedly.

Technically, it wasn't really our debts. Our stupid and greedy relatives have used our names to get what they wanted for the past five years and left us with nothing but debts. Our parents had already passed on so we really have no one to help us now, we're on our own. My brother and I aren't even old enough to be qualified for a good paying job...we really don't have much choice.

This house that we are in is the only thing we have left and I'm afraid that my brother is thinking of selling it so that we'll have the money for our daily needs and I honestly don't want that to happen.

"I'm so sorry, Chasity. My educational background is really not helping me out on finding a decent job, " Chris said sadly. I know deep inside him, he doesn't want to sell this house too.

"Hey! We're not giving up. I found a way!" I changed my mood and became excited. Honestly, I am really excited, but nervous at the same time. This will be so interesting for me. "You know that band? Fall Out Boy? They are searching for a new drummer! Andy Hurley became their guitarist recently so they're searching for a new drummer -

"I heard about that, but Chasity, they are only letting guys to audition...wait...you mean...--

"Yes, my brother, I'll pretend to be a guy from now on!" I said with a hopeful undertone. My brother looked at me worriedly and I just smiled back at him. "I'll be fine! Besides, you're the number one on the list that tells me I somehow look like a guy! And I freaking know how to play the drums! It feels that I'm born with a drumstick on my hands!" I joked and we both laughed.

Chris hugged me and I can feel his sincerity. We only have each other now and I don't want us to give up. I'll be willing to do everything to get us out of this mess.

"I'm so sorry," He murmured.

Chris is five years older than I me and that makes me understand why he was acting like this - he's probably feeling that he needs to be the one who should provide everything that we need and it saddens him that he can't fulfill that. I do understans that sentiment, but I really don't mind. I have the opportunity here and I'm going to grab it no matter what.

"Everything will be fine, brother-mine," I said playfully while smiling. "Now stop being dramatic and help me transform," I added and he chuckled ag me.

Chris went around his clothes, finding the ones that could fit me. I faced the mirror again and stared at my face while smiling. "Well, I'll be a guy from now on!" I said and began to cut my hair short.

Chris is just watching me while my hair kept on falling to the ground with every move I make with the scissors. Good thing our mom taught me how to cut hair and I'm glad that I still have that skill until now. I pushed Chris out of my room right after I was done cutting my hair to change my clothes.

I took off all of my clothes theb looked at the clothes my brother had readied for me. I took the chest binder and wrapped it around my chest to conceal my lady features. I also wore the boxer shorts there. I put on the black jeans and a black V-neck shirt before going in front of the mirror again and I myself shocked me. I legitimately look like a guy. I grabbed a cap and put it on my head and I swear, no one will be suspicious about my true identity now. I'm honestly proud that I transformed like this.

"Tadaa!" I said the moment I walked outside my room. Chris stared at me with his mouth wide open.

"Whoa. You look like a younger version of me!" he said in disbelief. I playfully punched his shoulder.

"Stupid! Of course! I'm your sister! Of course, I would look like you." I said while giggling.

"Everything is perfect...except for the voice," He teased me while chuckling. I cleared my throat and began to find my inner male voice.

"Is this okay?" I said with a low voice. It wasn't an exaggerated one. Of course, I want it to sound natural and glad I found it.

"Hmm, not bad," My brother said proudly, but then his expression suddenly changed, "Are you really sure about this? You could be in a real trouble if you continue, Chas," He added. I just smiled at him confidently.

"Don't you trust me?! I can do this, it's only a five step task! First, pretend to be a guy. Second, get picked as their drummer. Third, earn the money. Fourth, pay debts. And fifth, leave the band. Simple isn't it?! I can do this!" I said and Chris smiled at me.

"You never cease to amaze me, little sis," He said then he hugged me.

"Hey, I'm not your little sister anymore, I'm your little brother!" I playfully said with my new found voice.

The both of us laughed there and we still can't believe how much I transformed within minutes of make-over. My brother also teached me the basics of 'how to be a guy' and I almost took out a pen and a paper to write it down. Fortunately, I grew up with him and that makes me think that I can just mimic his gestures. I just have to keep that act up!

"Here are your beloved drumsticks," Chris said while handing me my most treasured possession.

"Thanks, Chris!" I said excitedly. "So, I'll be going now. Wish me luck," I said as I walked towards the front door.

"Good luck! I wish you'll be the new band princess...or should I say BAND PRINCE!" he shouted while laughing and waving at me.

I waved back a goodbye to him before walking out and closing the door behind me. I took a deep breath while I have my eyes close and three seconds later, I opened my eyes, breathed out, then smiled.

This will be a new beginning for me and I can't wait for the outcome of this white lie.

{AN: Thank you for reading! And I hope you enjoyed! :) I will be updating every other day I think? Or something like that! Thank you for your support guys, love lots from me :*

Picture is from Pinterest...the pinner goes by the username: Wendy Wagner. So credits to him/her}