Chapter 30

*Hayes' POV*

I sat with the guys at dinner waiting for Angele. I really had been a jerk earlier. I pushed my pizza rolls around my plate with my silver fork.

"Hayes, you have to ear something." Nash prodded.

"Not hungry." I responded.

"She's going to be okay." Nash said hesitently.

The remainder of the guys grew unnaturally quiet, waiting for my reaction. I just looked down.

"I'm going to go find her." I stood.

"Hayes, she's asleep." Cameron said slowly.

"How do you know?"

"I talked to her earlier after you two... you know..."

"So, she's talking to you but not me." I said the hurt showing in my voice more than I had intended.

"You were the one who hurt her." Matthew pointed out.

I flinched internally at the word hurt.

"I'm going to bed." I turned and left not waiting for the guys' protests on how I didn't eat nearly enough.

I walked to the cabin slowly, gathering my thoughts for the second time that week. How could I have been such a jerk? Angele is going home to spend what very well might be her father's last days, with him. I was being selfish, only thinking of myself.

Before I knew it I was standing in front of the cabin. I poked my head into the girl's side to find a sleeping Angele. I smiled slightly. I turned and went into the boy's side and flopped onto my bed. I pulled out a notebook and began writing a letter to Angele, knowing she'd probably never want to talk to me again.

Angele,

Knowing you'll probably never want to talk to me again I decided to write you this letter. I made a huge mistake... I am so sorry. You are one of the coolest people I have ever met. Please forgive me.
My number is at the bottom of the page. Please contact me as soon as you forgive me. If you ever do.
-Hayes

I tore the paper out of my notebook and folded it in perfect thirds. I wrote Angele's name on the outside. I kneeled beside the mahogany dresser and pulled out my Davidson Day sweater and set the letter on top of it. I picked both items up and made my way over the the girl's side.

I walked over to Angele's bunk and kneeled at the side of it. I unzipped her bag slowly and dropped both the sweater and letter into it. I looked down at Angele's sleeping face and smiled.

She looked relaxed and happy. All the signs of the worry and heartache gone. I turned and walked back to my bed.

I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Hazel eyes being the last thing in my mind.