Chapter 17:

Angele's POV
___________
I woke up the following morning to the smiling face of Hayes.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty!"

"Is there a reason for you waking me up it were you just trying to be funny?" I grumbled.

"Goodness grumpy. You're going to miss breakfast if you don't hurry."

"Those characters are from completely different Disney movies." I stated as I got off the bed. I was wearing batman sweats and Hayes' hoodie.

"What?"

I stretched, "You called me Sleeping Beauty and then grumpy. sleeping Beauty is from Sleeping Beauty and Grumpy is from Snow White, which are completely different."

"Gosh, Disney freak."

I had walked over to the door, "Yeah yeah I'm a freak, we've established this already. are you coming?" I stepped out the door, Hayes following.

"Nice pajamas." Hayes smiled.

"Don't be hating on my pajamas!" I exclaimed as we reached the road. I bent down and tightened my boot.

"Wasn't hating, it was a genuine compliment."

I stood up and started toward the mess hall. Hayes had stopped walking. I turned and raised a single eyebrow.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm waiting."

"For?"

"You to compliment me."

"Really? Why would I do that?" I grinned.

"You mean besides the fact that I'm totally awesome? I've complimented you twice already so technically you owe me two."

"Is that so?" I continued walking.

"Yep. When someone compliments you, you compliment them."

"I don't think that's how it works."

"It most certainly is!"

"I have nothing to compliment you on." I hopped up the steps of the mess hall.

"How could you not have anything to compliment me on? I have an amazing personality, gorgeous eyes, I'm super sweet, and I have a killer smile."

"I think you're to nice to yourself."

"Rude!" Hayes gasped as he opened the screen door.

I grinned as I walked through the doorway. As I crossed the threshold of the mess hall I was greeted by the strong aroma of French toast and fruit.

"Yum." I said under my breath.

"You like French toast?" Hayes asked.

"It's only the best breakfast food ever." Hayes nodded in agreement.

"Hayes, over here!" Matt stood and waved Hayes over. Is started looking for a different place to sit, not wanting to be a nuisance.

"Whatcha doing?" Hayes asked like Isabella from Phineas (?) and Ferb.

"phineas and Ferb really?"

"Dang it! You know everything."

"Yep. I'm looking for a seat."

"Why? We have seats with Matt."

"Oh." I said my cheeks heating up.

"Did you really think I would ditch you at my first opportunity?"

"Yeah." Hayes started walking toward Matt, and I followed.

"Why would I do that?"

"You just met me."

"So..."

"Hey dude!" Matt did one of those weird fist bump and hug things that guys do.

"Hey Matt." I waved slightly.

"Angele." He nodded.

Hayes smirked. He pulled out one if the chairs and gestured for me tosit. As soon as I did Hayes carefully tucked the chair under the table before pulling one out for himself.

I leaned reward and lowered my voice so only Hayes could hear me, "So I know Matt but who're the other two?" I asked indicating the two guys sitting opposite me and Hayes.

The first one had tan skin, a blinding white smile, messy brown hair, and muddy brown eyes. The second had brown hair with a blonde highlight styled into a quiff, perfect white teeth, and crystal blue eyes the same shade as Hayes'.

"Oh right. This is my brother Nash and friend Cameron." Both the boys raised their hand to wave.

The one Hayes called Cameron stuck out his hand, "You must be the famous Angele." He said in a deep voice.

"Famous?" I questioned shaking his hand.

"Hayes hasn't stopped talking about you since we showed up. Isn't that right Nash?"

"Oh yeah. All we've heard since getting here is Angele this, Angele that, Angele is so funny, Angele is so pretty." Nash said smiling.

"Aww, Hayes. You said I'm pretty?" I teased.

"I did not! I did say you were funny though." Hayes responded blushing.

"Wait, so I'm not pretty?" I asked tilting my head to the right slightly, looking towards Hayes. Nash and Cameron laughed.

"No of course you are... I-I just..." Hayes was crimson now.

"Dude! I'm kidding." I bumped Hayes with my shoulder.

"She's a keeper!" Nash said.

"I agree. Call me Cam." Cameron said smiling.

I smiled and began eating my French toast.

Maybe camp wouldn't be so bad.