Chapter 8:

Hayes' POV
________
I walked slowly bak to the cabin, gathering my thoughts. So far today I managed to get pushed into ice cold water and have the coolest girl here twist we ankle. Gee I've accomplished a lot... not...

I opened he door to the right and was instantly greeted by choruses of "Hi Hayes!" Do these girls sit here and wait for me to come in? If this continues this will be the longest week of my life.

I walked over to Angele's bunk and began looking for her clothes. Two girls came skipping over. The first was tall with an hourglass figure, dark brown eyes, olive skin, and long, wavy, dark brown hair. Her companion was a short fair skinned blonde, with large, bright blue eyes framed by long dark eyelashes.

"Hi Hayes." The first one said twirling her hair around her index finger.

"Mary." I responded kneeling by the dresser.

"You should come sit with us at dinner." The blonde placed a freshly manicured hand on my shoulder.

"Sydney, SHUT UP!" Mary snapped, Sydney quickly removed her hand from my shoulder. Clearly Mary was still the leader.

"Gosh Sydney, I'd love to but I'm probably going to eat in the nurse'a office with Angele."

"Who's that?" Mary asked.

I ignored her an pulled out a white crop top with a black skull on it and a pair of black jeggings. I started looking around for a sweater.

"I think she was the girl who came in here with him earlier this afternoon." Sydney responded.

"Oh, that weirdo?" Mary questioned.

I piped up then, "She is not a weirdo. Just because she chooses to express herself and cares about those she associates with. You're just jealous because you'll never compare to her."

Mary looked like she had been slapped, "Sydney, let's go!" She huffed and stomped out the door, her heels making that annoying slicking sound.

"Thank you. It's about time someone stood up to her." Sydney said before he hurried after her "friend".

What just happened?

I went back to looking for a sweater. Where does she keep her sweaters? I'll just go get one of mine.

I left the right side of the cabin and went into the left. I walked over to my bunk and grabbed my red Davidson Day Patriots sweater. I hurried out the door letting it clang shut behind me. I started my long walk back to the nurse's cabin and to Angele.