Chapter 18 - Part Two

She was staring at me, eyes sharp and she was smirking.

"What the FUCK is this?" I yelled.

"Ky-Kylie what are you doing up here?" He stammered, eyes still wide. He was clearly nervous, but I didn't give a shit.

"I should be asking you the same thing! What the hell is this?!" I yelled again, and pushing him against the wall, hard.

"Clearly he doesn't feel the way you thought." Sarah said smugly. "Maybe you should-"

"Maybe you should shut the fuck up." I said, and punched her square in the face. She fell and dragged me down with her, causing us to start wrestling. She punched me back, splitting my lip and causing it to bleed. Her nose was already bleeding, and I can tell she's going to have a black eye later. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my arms and pull me back, despite my struggle.

"Okay, it's okay Kylie you got her." Ashton said, pulling me into him. I started to cry, not from the pain of the fight, but the pain Michael just caused me. I could feel Ashton panting, like he just ran up the stairs to come in here. Michael stood there, doing nothing, and a crowd had gathered in the hallway.

"Kylie, I can explain, all this, I can." He came close to me, and Ashton tightened his grip on me and turned me away from him.

"Don't talk to me, Michael." I said in a low voice, pushing myself away from Ashton. "Don't talk to me, don't come after me, don't do anything. I trusted you." I said, getting close to Michael. He grabbed my hand, and I pulled away. "Don't touch me either." I whispered. He looked desperate, but again I ignored it.

"Kylie please, I don't know what I was doing, Sarah came up and-"

"And nothing. We're done Michael. Done. How could you even possibly think you would be able to explain all this and I'd be okay with it? You said you'd never let me go, yet look what happened. You just did. I don't know what I was thinking when I let you kiss me that night. I should've known from the start you were still just a fucking asshole." I said, and turned to walk away. I felt him grab my hand again, and I saw Luke's face with a growing anger.

"She said, don't touch her." He said, his fists balling. Michael stood back and crossed his arms, and Ashton just held me close again.

"What are you going to do, Reject? Run and tell mummy?" He said smugly. Luke stood in front of me, and in a blink of an eye, punched Michael across the jaw. He fell to the ground and Luke sat on him, hitting him over and over again.

"You piece of shit, I should've done this so long ago." I heard Luke mutter to himself. He got up finally, and looked at Michael. He had a bloodied lip, nose, and several cuts across his face. "Don't think about coming near Kylie again." Luke said, and walked out of the room. I looked at Michael, and started crying again. I started to shrink to the floor, when Ashton picked me up. I had one arm around his neck, and he had one arm under my back and his other carrying my legs. Michael got up and looked at me, face bloody and everything.

"I'm sorry, Kylie." He said, staring at me. I turned my face and buried it into Ashton's neck, silently letting a few tears stroll down my face.

"Save it, Michael." Brandy said, and Ashton turned and walked out of the room, into the crowd outside it. Calum was out there, and he looked shocked.

"Is she okay? What happened?" He asked, and I glared at him. 

"Go ask your girlfriend Michael." I said in a cracking voice, and he looked from me over to Michael. Ashton carried me all the way to the car, while everyone watched and whispered. He put me in the passenger seat, gently putting my seatbelt over me. Luke and Brandy got in the back seat, and on the way home Ashton stopped at a store, leaving us in the car. We didn't say anything the entire way home, which felt hours long. My phone vibrated, and I didn't dare look, I just handed it to Brandy.

Kylie, please let me explain.

Michael, this is Brandy. I think it would be wise if you left her alone. She doesn't even want to talk to us, let alone you. I read when I got my phone back. Ashton came back and handed Luke a bag, and then we went home. We pulled up, and I got out of the car, without any emotion shown on my face. I unlocked the door, and I headed upstairs to shower and change into my usual lounging around clothes, sweatpants and a tank top. I sat down on my bed, looking at the wall when everyone came in. I looked at Luke hand, it too was all bloody.

"Luke, we should clean that." I whispered, and got up and took him to the bathroom, cleaning it up. He winced from the peroxide and when I bandaged his hand, but didn't say anything. Ashton came in and cleaned my lip, but couldn't bandage it.

"So, I stopped at the store, I picked up some popcorn, ice cream, candy, and I've set up Netflix downstairs. Come on, let's go." I was sitting on the counter, and I just looked at him and started to cry again. He pulled me in for a hug, motioning the others to go downstairs and wait. We stayed like that, Ashton just letting me cry into his shoulder.

"I should've listened, Ash. I should've listened to you." I whispered. He was rubbing my back, not letting go of me.

"Hey, you didn't know, I didn't even know. It's not your fault." He said. "It's alright Kylie, I've got you." I broke away from him and looked at him, my heart breaking.

"Who knew Luke could fight like that." I said, laughing a little. Ashton giggled as well, wiping the tears on my face away with his thumb.

"Yeah, see? It won't be so bad. Come on, let's go watch some movies. I smell popcorn." He said, and picked me up. We went downstairs and we sat on the couch, passing the bowl of popcorn and the candy around. At one point, after maybe 1:00 and halfway through our movie, the doorbell rang. Luke got up and opened the door, and Michael was standing there.

"Is, is she here? Is she okay?" I heard Michael ask. I got up, not saying a word and going upstairs. I went into my room, looking around until I saw Michael's hoodie. I went back downstairs, and pushed in front of Luke, looking at Michael. I started at him, until I took his hoodie, gave it to him, and pushed him away.

"Goodbye Michael." I said, and Luke closed the door. We sat back down on the couch, continuing our movie.

Goodbye, Michael. I thought to myself.