Chapter 3

The next day, Ashton and Brandy came over. We were all out back as I was trying to teach Addy how to play soccer, my favorite sport. Ashton and Brandy were sitting in the shade and I whispered to Addy.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Addy announced, and I laughed. The other two looked confused but ignored it. I continued shuffling the ball between my feet and I tried not to laugh when I saw Addy come back with a big bucket of ice water. She tapped their shoulders and dumped it on them. Brandy screamed and Ashton picked Addy up and spun her around.

"You're welcome guys." I laughed out and Brandy bounded over and tackled me. All of a sudden, I see another figure standing beside Brandy and I. I looked up, shielding the sun from my eyes and I saw Luke. Addy stopped laughing and hid behind Ashton.

"Oh, hey Luke. What's up?" I said casually sitting on Brandy.

"Oh.. I hope you don't mind me barging in here but I was bored." He looked around my backyard, spotting the soccer ball and immediately walked over to it. "You play soccer too?" He asked. He then started doing a bunch of soccer tricks, including a flawless "Around The World." Addy shuffled over to me and pulled me down to her height.

"Kylie, who's that? And why does he have your ball?"

"That's our new friend Luke Hemmings. Be nice to him." Luke then came over and kneeled down in front of her, looking at both of us.

"Well I can see who the better looking sister is." He said and then started tickling Addy. "Oh, guys by the way there's some cookout thing going on at the beach, we should go. No, we are going. Come on let's go." I stood up and crossed my arms and said smugly,

"You sure are casual for someone I picked up last night." He then picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, walking inside with everyone else behind us.

"There's a lot you don't know about me just yet Kylie." I overheard Addy talking to Brandy, and I tried not to laugh when I heard her say,

"I like our new friend."

***

Once we got to the beach, we found a spot on the beach and all laid our stuff down. Someone had set up speakers near by and I could hear Green Day playing. Bless this town for having good music. Brandy started looking around for cute guys, as she usually does.

"Ugh," she groaned. "There's no one to tan for. Come on let's go to the water." I picked up some sand and threw it at Ashton, ignoring the glares from people around me.

"Kylie don't throw sand" he yelled as he chased after me. We all ran into the water and started splashing each other. After a while we all got on each other's backs and started playing Chicken. After knocking Brandy off Luke, I looked around to see who all was here, and I immediately spotted red-haired, tattooed, pierced Michael. A jolt ran through me when I saw he was already looking right at me. I turned back around and tried to keep myself from blushing. Wait, why was I blushing? He's a dick, and picked on Luke no way am I getting all friendly with him. I took a quick glance to see if he was still looking at me, and he was.

After a while, we got out of the water and walked around to find some food. I felt bad for leaving Addy at home, she would've loved going to the beach.

"Oh my god, Kylie look!" Brandy squealed. She was pointing to a flyer, and the first thing I saw was a ferris wheel. "There's a fair tonight! Oh Kylie can we go please please please?"

"Damn, calm down Brandy you sound like my sister. Yeah duh we can go. Looks like there'll be some fun stuff." Just then, Michael and Calum walk by, stopping right next to us.

"Oh, if it isn't for the reject and his friends," nodding towards Luke. "How cute." He smirked. I mocked his smirk and said,

"Oh, if it isn't for the asshat and his friend. How adorable." He didn't change his expression, but I could have sworn I something light up in his eyes.

"You going to the fair tonight?" He asked. I replied with a shrug and replied,

"Maybe, guess you'll find out." He shook his head smirking and walked off. Calum looked confused at Michael and I and lingered for a bit.

"Fuck off Calum." Brandy said rolling her eyes. Calum looked surprised and followed Michael. Luke kind of shied off when Michael came around, but he came back looking rather unpleased.

"Two things. One, this guy doesn't know how to make a burger. Two, I really hope they don't show up tonight."

"Me too." Ashton said.

Me three. I thought.