Chapter 6

"What do you mean Michael told you to meet him tonight?" Brandy asked rather accusingly. We were walking around town, visiting all the little shops.

"Just that," I shrugged. "He just told me to meet him there tonight." She stopped and looked at me.

"Are you actually considering going? Kylie, it's Michael. He's up to no good. Don't go, you'll thank me later."

"Don't you want to know what he wants?" I asked. She stopped for a second to consider this, replying,

"Obviously, I mean no offense, but what would Michael want with you? He's obviously got a problem with you and us and Luke and everyone." I shrugged. I mean, I know Brandy is my best friend, but I have to disagree with her. Michael clearly wants something from me, given the fact he's everywhere I am and always glaring at the people I'm with. Maybe I'll give him a chance. I was focusing on walking and trying to listen to Brandy's boy troubles, but my mind was racing about tonight. I decided to text Ashton, as I always go to him when I have a problem.

What would you do if someone you thought wanted nothing to do with you, asked you to meet them somewhere?  I put my phone away as Brandy and I entered a small coffee shop. I got a little muffin and Brandy got tea. She was still discussing guys, so I tried as hard as I could to pay attention when Ashton replied.

Depends on who they were and why they wanted to meet. Why, what's up?

Michael texted me last night... Asked for me to meet him at the ferris wheel tonight at 10. He took a little longer to respond, and I decided to listen to Brandy.

"I just don't know what to do, I mean my dad couldn't give a flying fuck what I do, and ugh it's just frustrating." Shit. I have no idea what she was talking about, and she hates repeating herself.

"I'm seriously sorry Brandy, but please repeat some of that." I laughed. She reached over and took a big piece of my muffin, when my phone vibrated.

Course he did. It's risky Kylie, but I would go to see what he wants. You want me to be there just in case?

No, I'll text you though. I put my phone away and turned my attention back to Brandy.

"Shame on you," she said with a mouthful. "I was saying, that it just kinda sucks my dad doesn't really care what I do. I mean, I spend most of my time at your house and he never notices. The other thing I was thinking, and please, don't yell at me, was that I might possibly might, might, like Luke?"

"Awww Brandy likes Luke." I said mockingly. She sucked some tea into her straw and then spit it at me.

"Shut up Kylie," She said laughing. "I don't know, I mean he's cute. Plus that lip ring, dear god. When we were all on the ferris wheel, Luke jokingly put his arm around me and Ashton put his around Ashley." Ah, the ferris wheel ride of which I was stuck with Michael and Calum, receiving "bad luck" for not kissing Michael at the top.

"So, ask him out, there's the fair tonight. Plus if I needed to get out of there, you guys could rescue me." She laughed and then shook her head.

"Already asked. He said no and- wait you're going tonight?" I froze for a second, realizing the choice I had made.

"Yeah, I guess I'm going."