Chapter 12

It's been a few days since I've heard from Michael, and I don't know why but that Thursday night keeps playing in my head. I was just going through Tumblr on my laptop when Brandy bounds in my room with Luke.

"Where the hell have you been Miss Matthews?" Luke said, sitting on my bed. "Haven't seen you around for a while."

"I've just been here, really. Haven't heard from you guys either, what's up?" I replied, turning to face them in my desk chair. Brandy looked excited, and looked at Luke. She sat down on his lap and I got confused. Why would she just randomly -

"OH MY GOD YOU TWO ARE DATING!" I half yelled. She nodded and got up and we started jumping around and screaming. Luke just laughed and stayed on the bed. "What the fuck? When? Where? How?" I asked.

"Well, it was the other day when he was hanging out at my house, Friday night. I had gotten in a fight with my dad, my stupid alcoholic dad as you know, and he hit me." I was shocked. Sure, Brandy and her dad fight but he's never hit her. "It wasn't hard or anything, just a little school girl punch, but still. I didn't want to wake you or Ashton or anyone, but Luke had texted me and asked what I was doing.

"I called him, nervously since I was crying and shaking and I told him everything and before I knew it he was at my front door." I looked at him and said,

"Awww." He laughed, holding his hands up in surrender.

"I just wanted to be there for her." He said.

"And he was, he took my hand and we sat in my backyard. He sat me in his lap and held me while I just cried. He told me, 'Brandy, I will always take care of you. Don't worry.' And he shut up my crying by kissing me, and then we just kind of, started dating." I couldn't help but squeal. What a cute way to end a shit night for Brandy.

"You guys! That's so cute aw." I smiled.

"Yeah, I know." Luke said smugly. "What's new with you?" He asked. I hesitated, wondering if I should tell them about Michael or not. But they were my best friends, they deserve to know.

"Before I continue, what are your thoughts on Michael now?" They looked at each other questioningly.

"Um, well he's actually a nice guy." Brandy said, and Luke nodded.

"Why?" Luke asked.

"I, um, well we kind of... Kissed." I whispered. Brandy's eyes opened wide and I expected her to be mad, but she just went,

"OH MY GOD YOU TWO KISSED!" And again we hugged and squealed and jumped up and down. I love my best friends. Now that they kind of see Michael through my eyes, they're more understanding.

"You and Michael kissed?" I heard Ashton say as he walked into my room, sitting next to Luke. I looked at him and I was scared, I hadn't told him yet.

"Well, give me the story." He said amusingly, leaning back with his hands behind his head. I shrugged.

"No, spill it Kylie, we want the deets." Luke said.

"Okay, well, it was midnight on Thursday and he was standing at my window throwing rocks at it, and I woke up. He told me to come with him and I was like, 'where the fuck are we going?' and questions like that. He ignored them and put me on the back of his motorcycle, and took me to the beach. We laid on the sand for like four hours, and yes I'm not kidding when I say this, we were cuddling." I said, and Brandy covered her mouth, giggling like a little girl. "It was cold for me anyway, so he gave me his hoodie, and it was so big my god it could have been a blanket. Eventually after talking and laughing and shit we went back home, and he just kissed me." Brandy squealed again.

"Aw Kylie I'm so happy for you, by the way Ashton?"

"Yeah?"

"Luke and I are dating." She said, and turned back to me. "Kylie that's so sweet, I never would've expected that from Michael. Better dress pretty tonight then." I was confused, I hadn't heard them make any plans with me.

"What's tonight?" I asked.

"Ashley's throwing another party, and I bet you anything Michael will be there. So, as Brandy said, dress pretty." Ashton said.

"How are you and Ashley?" Luke asked, as he probably now knows he likes her.

"We're good... Still haven't asked her out but yeah we're good." He said, disappointedly.

"Aw, sorry Ash. Okay, well, I just checked Twitter and the party's at 10, which is in a couple of hours. Kylie, you're coming with me. Luke and I were at the mall earlier and I saw this gorgeous dress that would be perfect for you." I nodded and got up, putting on my vans.

"You guys want to come with? Or stay here?" I asked, looking at the guys.

"We'll come with, I want to see this dress." Ashton said.

"I'll come too!" I heard Addy say through my closed door. We all laughed, and headed out to the car.

***

We were walking around when Brandy squealed yet again and ran towards Urban Outfitters, causing all of us to run after her.

"Look, look this is it!" She said, and held up a small, flowy, open back black dress. I have to say, it looked great.

"Here, this is a zero, should fit midgets like yourself." Ashton said, handing me the dress. I laughed and headed to the dressing room. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror, and I fell in love with it.

"Well? We gonna see it or what?" Luke called. I opened the door and Brandy clapped and jumped up and down.

"What a babe." Brandy said jokingly. I laughed and went back inside, changing into my old clothes and headed with them to the register. Addy held my hand and looked approving at the dress in my other hand, and then saw a photo booth.

"Guys! Can we take pictures?" She asked, grabbing Luke's other hand. Brandy didn't say anything but just left and headed inside the booth, and we all followed like usual. We had to do it twice so everyone got pictures, and we tapped our pictures up to the booth along with all the pictures of other people. We got back in line and paid, course now I owe Ashton about 30 dollars since this store is so expensive. We walked around a bit more and stopped for some frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf, and then Luke checked his phone.

"Shit guys, um I mean crap guys," He stammered. He always tried not to swear around Addy and we all laughed, including her. "Party is in half an hour, we gotta head back." We all got up and went back to the car, heading home.

"Can I go to this party?" Addy asked, and I felt bad for saying no yet again.

"How about this, we can throw a party at home when mom and dad go away next week. Is that okay?" I asked her, and she nodded, clearly excited. Once we got home, Brandy basically dragged me up the stairs into my room. I got dressed and put my vans back on, not caring if they matched or not. Brandy got dressed in her strapless blue dress and put on my other all-white vans.

"Damn man, you look hot. Thanks for the shoes. Okay, let's go to the party. I bet you Michael's going to be there." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I pushed her, and we all headed out to the party. I was nervous to see Michael again, I didn't know what would happen. Would he kiss me again? Would he ignore me? I didn't know.