You and I Against The World

Chapter 18

Jesse's POV

The next morning... 

  I'm standing of a sharp cliff edge trying to prepare myself physically and mentally. That's why I'm waiting a few minutes before I decide to jump. It's all about planning out my movements according. Like for example, what foot should be in front of the other when I jump or what angle should I jump at. I just hope Becca shows up and at least tries to stop me. If not, none of this would have been worth it.

  Becca's POV

  I called a taxi to drive me to the Grand Canyon. I tell him to pull into the entrance and I run the rest of the way. Though, I'm a crappy runner and get tired after like two  minutes later. I just hope to make it in time.

  10 minutes later...

  From a distance, I spot a guy who looks a lot from Jesse. I get closer and see that it is him. I run towards him and push him backwards. He looks at me with a startled expression. I slap him across the face.  "Jesse what on Earth were you thinking? You could have died!"

   He gives me a sad smile. "That was kind of the point. You made it clear that you were considering breaking up with me. Becca, you're my world. A life without you isn't a life worth living." Tears stream down my face. "Jesse, I'm not going to lie to you. I did consider breaking up with you, but I realize that I love you too much. I was truly a bitch and I'm so sorry. No one deserves to be so sad that they feel suicide is the only option."

   Jesse grabs me and pulls me close to him. "I'm so thankful to hear that Becca" he whispers into my ear. I whisper back "It's just you and me. No one else. Now let's go home." We walk towards the cab, head back to the hotel, and plan on resting a bit before heading back tomorrow morning. 

   I'm taking some time off from the Bellas. At least a month perhaps because Jesse needs me now more than ever. I need to start being there for him like he is for me.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary