battles to be won

I walked into the library where I saw Zara reading through three books at once flipping page after page mumbling under her breath. I was wowed at her gift and sat at a table sort of in front of her. I watched in silence not wanting to interrupt her. She groaned in exasperation before tossing the three books to the floor in a pile of other books and grabbing three more from the ones floating behind her. 

I shook my head to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. She slammed her hand on one of the flying book pages. "Got it." She ran her fingers over the words rereading it. I waited in anticipation for her to tell me what she had found. 

Adresin walked into the library in a rush. "Saraphine you need to follow me," he turned around to leave, "now!" I jumped to my feet and followed behind him. Zara was close behind me and started talking as we walked.

 "Saraphine its dark magic most definitely, but in order to get that you have to sell your soul. But not only that, I mean anyone can sell their soul but she also would have had to do an entire ceremony. One that would sacrifice her innocence, blood, childhood memories." Zara shivered at the thought and I did as well. Adresin tensed when she had mentioned childhood memories. I put my hand on his shoulder for comfort which he just shrugged off. He walked to the outside corridor. 

"Why are we going outside?" I asked halting to a stop.  Adresin stared at me.

"You need to see this." I gulped and walked out after him. Adresin was looking up at the sky and I hesitated to do the same. When I did I saw the brilliant sky had become a witch green and black with a rotten orange streak going across the sky creating words. 

"center of the forest, battle for all the land. Sunrise." My jaw dropped. I wasn't at all prepared for something like that. 

Adresin turned to me. "you have to take the challenge." 

"She isn't prepared for something like that" Zara interrupted. 

Adresin glared at her "or we lose the forest and all of La Aurore Jellika."  I looked down. I couldn't lose the land, their home. I took a breath and walked back into the castle. I walked down to the battle room grabbing a sword, daggers, bow and arrows. Zara and Adresin appeared beside him. 

"I'm not letting you go alone" she said sheathing her sword on her hip and adding a little ring to the hilt. I smiled softly at her watching Adresin grab his own weapons 

"Go get your armor on. We will meet back in the foyer just before sunrise." 

I nodded and jogged back up to my room.  I put on my one piece armor that they always made me train in tying the sheath of my sword around my waist sheathing my sword in it. I sheathed the daggers in my ankle holsters, I placed the bow over my shoulder and the bag of arrows diagonally over my shoulders as well. 

We all met in the foyer a few minutes before sunrise. Adresin was in black black armor and Zara was in a metallic purple. Adresin looked at me. "you ready?" I nodded. 

"How are we going to get there in time?" I asked looking between the two. Zara looked down a slight nervous blush on her cheeks. Adresin looked at me.

"you are going to help transport us" he said matter-of-fact. My eyes widened 

"I don't know how to do something like that" I exclaimed. 

Adresin sighed. "I am going to teach you idiot." I nodded slightly. He took a breath and explained the process to me. I was to clear my mind of everything except where I wanted to go. I had to think hard, had to focus, and before I let go of the thought to transport I had to think of the people I wanted to take with. I did exactly this. I thought of only the center of the forest, I then thought of Adresin and Zara, then let go of the thought.