The Unexpected Present

He slid the blade along the taped top and flipped open the box. We all had to work together to remove enough packing peanuts to pull out a mirror with broken glass bordering the edge. I jumped back just in time for my mom to take a tighter grip so it didn't shatter. Taped to the mirror was a yellowed paper with my name elegantly scrawled on the front. My heart raced and i broke into a sweat. "Who would do this?" I asked almost silently. My mom peeled the paper from the mirror handing it to me. I shook my head rapidly, I didn't want anything to do with the mirror, or anything it came with.

My mom sighed. "I don't feel comfortable reading your letters dear." I could see how much it pained her to even suggest that I read it. My father shook his head, he couldn't handle my fear and thought it was childish.

I hesitantly took the piece of paper from my mom and unfolded it. Inside was scrawled in the same beautiful writing as it was on the front. I took a breathe before I started actually reading the words. 'Saraphine Angelica Rose Jones, Please accept this gift from your secret admirer. I promise it will come into use for you one day.' I flipped the paper over and over a few times looking for any hint of who sent it before reading it out loud to my mom. She rose a brow before smiling with utter glee. "Awe honey our daughter has a secret admirer. I wonder who it could be," she started bouncing with joy, "maybe its that handsome paper boy? or the bagger down at the grocer." She started listing off boys who've said hi to me, or even smiled in my direction, in the past year.

I shook my head and tossed the note back into the box. I looked up at dad. "Send it back. I don't wa-"

"Saraphine!" my mother snapped, "how dare you try to return a beautiful gift. Who knows how much they spent on this." My eyes widened. Exactly. They probably spent a fortune on a gift I would fear. Just makes them creepier.

I sneered. "It's going nowhere near my room." I muttered as I walked downstairs. I could already hear my mom talking about where she'd put the elegant object. I rolled my eyes and went to my room picking up my phone. An hour had passed. I texted Ryan about the package and how I didn't want to be alone right now. He responded 'Ill be right over darling. We will hunt down this creep and I'll kick his ass.' I couldn't help but smile then reply: 'What if he's this huge homicidal maniac? :P' I chuckled locking my phone.

I looked through the closet and found my one shoulder black tie top. I paired it with my black ripped jeans and got ready for Ryan to come over.

Fifteen minutes later he was leaning against the door frame. "Well what a beautiful sight worth a million words." I felt my cheeks burn up from blushing. I glanced at him as I finished my lipstick. "Oh shut up. You're just saying that," I chuckled. He looked at me in the reflection which I quickly looked away from wrapping his arms around my stomach. One of his hands snaked up to my chin turning my head to look back at the reflection. I squirmed feeling highly uncomfortable. "If i were just saying that then why would I wanna kiss that lipstick right back off your lips." He grinned.

I blushed more and turned around to face him instead of looking at my reflection. I kissed his nose leaving a trace of red. I grinned before running off into my room where he chased me. I got tackled onto my bed giggling, him tickling my sides. I squirmed gasping for breath between laughs. He stopped and looked into my eyes, I smiled softly back at him. Ryan slowly leaned into kiss me and my eyes fell shut when our lips met. It was slightly rough but passionate and needing. My body responded and I pulled away.