Mirror Monsters

In front of the fireplace stood a man looking into the flames. Zara cleared her throat.

"Adresin." she said clearly but softly. The man turned around his arms crossed. He had black hair that was layered in all different ways with two long strands on each side of his face, his eyes were red and seemed to be glowing in the fires light. He wore a vertical striped shirt, a maroon red tie, finger less gloves, and black slacks. He looked in our direction sternly.

 "Zara, you've returned," he glanced at me, "and you brought a friend." 

"This is Saraphine." Zara said without even looking my way. I looked back at the man who didn't move. I took a step back but didn't get far because she grabbed the sleeve of my ripped up shirt pulling me back to where I was. Adresin nodded.

 "I see. You're reflection." 

"W-well wouldn't she be m-my reflection?" I stumbled over my words keeping my eyes averted from his. He shook his head.

 "I suppose," he sighed. 

Zara stepped forward and leaned over one of the chairs, "drop your glammer Ad." Zara finally looked relaxed and looked young, actually my age. 

Adresin sneered "I will not drop my glammer in front of someone from the other world," I looked down my hair falling over one of my eyes, "why don't you take your eye patch off." He added. I looked up at Zara who was looking away from both of us. I wondered why she wouldn't take off her eye patch but I thought she was magnificent with it. I stepped forward ready to speak but Zara beat me to it.

 "Saraphine is in need of information on why she's here Adresin. Can we focus on what's at stake here?" Adresin dropped his arms pulling out the larger chair and sitting in it. He motioned to the chairs across from him where Zara pulled out her own chair and I did the same. I took a deep breath looking between the two. 

"Saraphine Angelica Rose Anarallath." 

"It's actually Jones. I've never heard of the name you said." I interrupted.

 Adresin glared at me and I shut my mouth. "You're birth name is Anarallath." He growled. I nodded slightly, I liked the sound of my birth name but couldn't decide which I liked better. Adresin continued, "you have been brought here a week early because the monsters have been brought under the control of an unknown magic. They are starting to take over the land of La Aurore Jellika. We need you to help us discover who is behind the magic and to stop it." 

I looked at Adresin with wide eyes. "How am I supposed to do that," I said my voice shaky, "I don't have any magic. I am just an abandoned human." 

Adresin rolled his eyes, "Zara take her to her room. we will start training in the morning at 10 sharp." Zara nodded and was instantly to her feet waiting on me. I stood up hesitantly glancing once more at Adresin before walking beside Zara. 

She was quick when she walked while still seemingly like she was floating. She led me back down the hall to the staircase on the right. The floor was a brilliant emerald color the railings bronze that only blended into the walls and floor. She reached the top of the stairs which veered into a corridor with only three doors. 

She led me to the center door that was engraved with roses and looked similar to my locket. I ran my fingers over the roses, the vines of the roses swirled into my full birth name. Zara pushed the door open. "Welcome home," she said with just a hint of a smile.

I slowly walked into the room taking it all in. The room was big enough to hold a three bedroom apartment. The floor was black marble with crushed gems swirled in, the walls were painted in such a way, that in the candle chandeliers light, it looked like real amethyst. The room had an octagonal shape. Against the back wall was an emperor sized bed of black wood, a translucent violet canopy and rose colored bedding. Walking around the room my hand running over the wall I passed a desk, a stereo system, a bookcase, and the closet.