Chapter 22

We ended up getting home around eight. Although we did skip school, I still told my mom that I was out with Kody so she went a little easy on me today. Not too many questions. I can tell she's been a little stressed with me just disappearing lately and I suddenly feel like one of those bad kids that are constantly sneaking out to go do bad things or be with a boy but I don't care. It's not like I'm having sex or doing drugs when I sneak out.

"Alright." My mom tells me after interrogation. She dismisses me to my room where I find Augie is tangled in my covers with popcorn and chips all over my bed. He looks like he's in heaven. That is until I bust in on him.

"What are you doing in here!" I yell at him. He's frozen like a deer in headlights. "Out!" I say to him and he grabs his food and scrambles away.
Brothers....

I strip my bed throwing everything into my hamper and then get ready to shower.

_____________________

The next day at school everyone is murmuring and staring as Kody and I enter the building.

"Have you noticed how if one of them isn't there neither is the other. I wonder where they went yesturday?" I caught a girl whispering.

"He's so cute. Gosh that girl is lucky."

"Bro. I wish that ass was mine to smack." I turn and glare at whoever made that comment.

We continue to walk to class together and then I wave at him goodbye when I reach my first period. He nods and we go our separate ways.

________________________

Prom is only a few days away and it's the talk of the school. Gossip about prom king and queen, rumors going around... Eh. The usual.

I use the final minute of class writing down the last sentence of notes into my notebook and then get up and leave. I rush past a crowd of students and into the main hall where everything is held up because of a fight. I go to the center to see what is going on and in the center are Ashley and Selena arguing. The crowd behind us chanting

" fight fight fight" I look to either one of them and step in.

"Guys stop!" I say to them both and they look at me.

"Next time you won't slide so easily." Ashley barks and then storms from the hall and to the opposite direction. I look over to Selena to see she has a red face from crying. I'm not choosing sides but Selena was my friend once and I don't want to see her cry.

"Are you okay?" I say rushing up to her.

"Y-yeah it's just. She she-"

"Look it's okay." I say pulling her into a hug which she takes. The crowd disappears and complains about how the situation was boring and once again the halls are just as chatty as usual.
"Here let's go to the bathroom." I tell her. She nods and I walk her to the door.

"Thanks." She says, "But I've got it from here." And she enters leaving me dumbfounded. She hasn't moved on from everything that happened with Chase.

I turn around trying to pretend like I don't care but I know if I hadn't kissed Chase or let him kiss me, none of this would've happened...

I go to the front of the school deciding to walk home. It would probably be a 30 minute walk or so. But I didn't care. I just wanted to plop In my headphones and look at the scenery the earth had presented before me.

________________________

Tonight is prom night. Kody and I hadn't talked since our we skipped school and went to the amusement park. All we did was text a simple conversation like hey, what's up, and I gotta bye :*. Today all I received was one text from him that said 'Ill see you there :*' I was happy that he was giving me a little time to myself.

I called up Ashley because she would be helping me get ready. Kody played in the homecoming game first after school and then he'd come home and get ready. This gave me and Ashley both plenty of time.

"Heeey!" She said as she answered the phone.

"Heey you coming over?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm just walking out the door I'll be there soon."

"Alright."

"Oh and make sure you go online and look for some hairstyles! We're gonna be twinning but we have to be at least a little original."

"K I'll see you then!"

"Alright bye." She ended the call and I sat my phone down getting out my dress and the matching heels Ashley chose for me.

A little while later she arrived.

______________________

A/N - Don't know how this came out. It was more of a Passover chapter......