Chapter 14

_____________________

Kody's P.O.V

I had just gotten out of the shower after a long day of football practice. Coach was angry today and as usual, when Coach is angry he makes us work extra hard. My muscles were slightly sore and my hands were forming blisters from so much passing. I sighed flipping on my T.V and picking up my phone.

Braelee 😘❤️😍 : Dear Kody, I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through. Your right everything that's happening or that has happened in my life is my fault. I guess bad luck just follows me around. But you won't have to endure it anymore because I won't be here come tomorrow. I'm sorry once again... - B.
Sent : 12:55 p.m

I read the message over and over again and before I knew it I was on my feet and rushing to her house. Every sore muscle and tiredness I was feeling rushed away as adrenaline hit me causing me to sprint as fast as I could.

"Honey where are y-" But I ran passed my mom not caring what anyone tries to say or do. No ones gonna stop me from seeing her right now. And I really hope she's not planning to do what I think she is.

I rush to the side of her house in which her bedroom is on and open the window. She's turned the other way on her bed wearing a black hoodie, the hood pulled over her head. Her soft whimpers and cries could be heard and I felt guilt hit me in the chest.

I hated seeing her like this and now it was my fault. I just wished and tried and hoped I could take the pain away from her. Yet all I did was bring it back and add more. I hurt Braelee Collins and for that she should hate me.

I walked up to her scooping her in my arms and she didn't resist although she knew it was me.

"I'm sorry." She. croaked her eyes streaming with tears.

"No. Im sorry." I said my voice cracking. It pained me to see her like this. No not pained it killed me to see her like this and all I wanted to do was kiss her. But right now I couldn't because that would make me the biggest jerk on the planet. I needed to make things right first. "I'm sorry for being jealous over you and Chase. I'm sorry for doing everything I could to get you to feel the jealousy I did and I'm the biggest asshole ever. I should've never said what I did to you because honestly Braelee your the only girl I care about and If something were to happen to you I just wouldn't-" I stopped talking my voice cracking on the last word as she stared at me. Her tears long gone.

"You were jealous?" She suddenly asked. I tilted my head to the side before admitting with a yes and blushing in embarrassment.

"Kody why couldn't you just talk to me about it? I get jealous every time your with Ashley but I don't say anything." She said rather than argued.

"You do?" I asked smirking.

She nodded her head.
"And it wasn't entirely your fault. You know I have a past and it's just well something you said made it all rush back to me. Not to mention Chase and I kissed at the park completely sober, and he told me that he was torn between me and Selena and I feel horrible about it." She frowned.

I felt jealousy rush back to me all once more but decided to set it aside if I wanted the circumstances to be better. "Look I don't know what to tell you about Chase. I guess just let him handle it. But does this mean your not leaving?" I asked hopeful.

"No." She said turning her gaze down. I let out a huge breath that I'd been holding in ever since she's stepped foot in the room, not caring if she heard it or not. "Someone's excited." She chuckled.

"If you committed suicide I-"

"What?" She cut me off.

"Suicide." I said causing her to laugh.