Chapter two- Mr Raynerson

Cecilia's POV

Sitting in the kitchen with Marlene and her husband who's name I found out is Fred, while we ate our breakfast, in comfortable silence.

I have to look for a job, so that I can afford to provide for myself. I don't want to live on the streets. The thought alone made a shiver go down my spin.

"Cecilia do you mind if I ask you a question, I don't want to over step in to your personal life." Fred asked politely. I can sense his uneasiness and I can just imagine Marlene sending him a not so nice look.

"Of course I don't mind Fred what is it that you wish to ask?" I replied politely, while finishing off my piece of fruit.

"I was just wondering if you were born blind or if something happened?" He asked in uneasy voice.

Fighting back a shrug so that he didn't notice how much his question bothered me.

I know that his curious; but still I have been asked this question all my life.

"I was born blind" I replied while keeping my face blank and my tone polite.

Reaching out for my cup and carefully feeling for the handle as I don't wish to spill it everywhere.

Once I had it safely in my hand I brought it to my lips and took a drink. I am not to fond of tea but I don't want to be rude since Marlene made it for me.

"Marlene I was wondering if you knew of any jobs going on in town?" I asked because it would be so much easier for me to find one if I new where to start looking.

"Hmm, there is a couple that I know of. Let me just grab the paper, and read to you what they are." She replied while I heard her chair scrap across the wooden floor.

Waiting patiently as I heard the pages of the newspaper crinkle.

"Well the first job is for a maid, then there is one for a seamstress, or a live in nanny, and last there is one for a Gardner." Marlene finished.

Hmm, I am not good a cleaning and it would be difficult for me to figure out where everything goes.

Plus I am not that good a sowing at least not in a straight line. I couldn't help but grimace remembering the last time that I tried to sow.

Now the nanny, I don't think a couple would like a person that can't see to look after then children. 

Which leaves the gardener job which I am actually good at, I'm a garden fairy after all, but it is up to the person if they wish for someone of my status to work for them.

"Thank you for reading the jobs to me  Marlene would you happen to know where the gardener job is? And how to get there?"

I heard her sharp intake of breath, that wouldn't have been heard by someone that didn't have sensitive hearing.

"Dear, are you sure you would like to go for that job?" She asked softly.

"Yes, I'm quiet good at gardening and I feel that I shell be able to do the job." I replied with a happy smile.

"Fred shell take you to the place, but please be careful as it is the home of Nixon Raynerson, his not the most friendliest person to be around." Marlene replied, before leaving.

I hope I did not upset her because that wasn't my intention. Plus I have dealt with not so friendly people for most of my life.

Shrugging I carefully made my way back to my room, feeling worried and unsure from what Marlene had said.