5: Metamorphosis

Someone shuts the door hard, leaving an echoing sound going through the room. I yawn and flutter my eyes open to see Dean by the end of the bed. I look around and see Sam standing next to him as I realize I'm in their 's room.

Castile's words had made me taken aback, I don't know what he meant but somehow it scares me of what might come next.

"Dean, what are you doing?" Sam walk closer to his brother as Dean grab his clothes from the closet, putting them into his duffle bag. His lips are formed into a thin line and his face emotionless, an opposite of Sam's. I furrow my eyebrows and sit up in the bed, wearing one of Dean's red shirts.

"What, are you, are you leaving?" Sam asks, looking at his brother closely.

"You don't need me" Dean looks over to me and the back onto his bag. "Us. You and Ruby go fight demons" For me, someone who does not know the whole story about this Ruby can tell that it's a heated subject.

I swing my legs down the side of the bed and walk up do the end of it, standing beside Deans bag. My brows still furrowed with confusion.

"Dean, come on man" Sam say and put his hands in the air. Dean walks around him but turn around in the same moment and hits his brother in the face. I gasp in surprise and quickly walk over to Sam laying my hand on his upper arm, he shakes me off and pushes me away slightly. I hold my hands up in surrender and take a step back, sending Sam a frustrated glare. Sam turn back his head to Dean, blood running from his lips

"You satisfied?" Sam ask with a cocky smile when Dean hits him again "I guess not"

Whatever happened, it pissed Dean off. But somehow I get the feeling that it's not rage Dean feels, it's betrayal.

This is not a fight I want to get involved in, I got enough of trouble for my own.

Dean stares at his brother before finally speaking. "Do you know how far off the reservation you've gone?! How far from normal? From human?" His voice is filled with despite.

"I'm exorcising demo-"

"With you mind!" Dean shouts. He runs his finger through his hair and let out a deep sigh, before speaking again. "What else can you do?"

Sam takes a deep breath before looking up at Dean again "I can send them back to hell, it only works with demons and that's it"

Dean let the words sink in before snapping and grabbing Sam by his shirt, pushing him back. "What else can you do!"

Sam push Deans hand away before answering "I told you!" Dean shares another despised look at Sam.

"And I have every reason in the world to believe that"

I can see why Dean feels betrayed and why he's acting like he does. This Ruby, she's the one that turned Sam dark, somehow showed him how to control his powers. Dean told me down in hell that he was afraid of what might happen to Sam when he was gone, how dark he would turn and what he would do without Dean watching over him, steering him on the right path. I thought that Dean might have been a little overdramatic but it turns out he was right. Even though Sam saves his victims, it doesn't make it right, doesn't make it human.

For someone who does not know the whole story behind it and the reason why he's doing it, would hunt him down, even kill him. I know I would and so would other hunters, including Dean.

"Well, tell me. If it's so terrific... then why'd you lie about it to me? Why did an angel tell me to stop you?" Dean words caught Sam attention.

"What..."