"Adam," Seth sighed, making me look at him flatly, "I like Julian, I do. He's still my friend. I'd take a bullet for the kid. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that even if he took a bullet, he'd be safe and sound. He's a vampire. And you're dating him. It's like some tween novel."

"Don't you think I know that," I muttered, running a hand through my hair in frustration, "And to be honest, I got over the fact that he was a vampire. At first, it was no problem... Then this other shit started happening."

"Other shit?" Seth echoed. Before I could stop myself, I was telling Seth everything. Oh, I knew Julian would be pissed. Newell even more so, but I couldn't help it. I needed to talk to someone who wasn't Julian, someone who wasn't part of that whole party. I wanted someone who was looking from the outside in. I wanted to know what to do.

Because for once in my life, I needed help.

I didn't know what to do. Become a halfblood or stay a human? Die of old age or get killed by a terrorist group? The list went on and it only made me feel worse. I was supposed to be worrying about the gig tomorrow. Would we get there in time? Would people like us? Usually, I wouldn't even question it. We were good. I knew we were good. We may not be The Beatles or AC/DC, but we were still good enough to make it big someday with enough practice. That was what I wanted to focus on, though.

I wanted to focus on my band. I wanted to focus on Julian. Maybe even do something about my grades at school. Find a job and make some money to save up so Julian and I could live together. So I could wake up every morning to see him sleeping beside me like I have been for the past few months, but I wanted to wake up and see him knowing he'd be there forever. Not wake up to be relieved that he was still alive and safe.

I hated worrying all night about whether or not he'd be there in the morning.

And I hated knowing he worried about the same thing.

We were only eighteen. We should be worrying about school, relationships, jobs. Not terrorists, demonic parasites, and being vampires.

By the time I finished laying out the whole story to Seth, it was nearly dark outside. Seth was staring at me. He had remained silent throughout my whole spiel and I was actually pretty grateful for that. Talking wasn't as easy as people made it out to be. I wasn't used to doing this, asking for help. I was used to doing things on my own.

"And now I'm really starting to consider a therapist." I finished bitterly, rubbing my temples. Seth blinked for a second, soaking in everything I'd told him before breathing a long sigh. He fingered his lower lip for a second thoughtfully, then nodded slowly.

"All righty, so maybe the vampire thing isn't as bad as the whole vampire thing," He admitted, making me frown before he went on, "I mean, it's easier accepting he's a vampire rather than accepting the fact that you guys are completely fucked by a terrorist group of vampires. I didn't even think there were that many vampires out there."

"A whole society of them." I muttered. Seth sighed, looking frustrated with the news, but he didn't go on a tirade about it. Instead, he glanced at me, leaning back against the other side of the window sill, arms folded over his chest.

"So what're you gonna do about Julian? You're not gonna break up are you? Cuz, I think your huge gay fanbase will be heartbroken." He pointed out.

"Fanbase?" I asked dryly as Seth nodded.

"Yup. I was at the Walgreens in town and these girls came up to me asking if you and Julian were dating for real and I told them yeah and they started squealing and carrying on about ships or something like that. By the way, thanks for that, because now people think Kipp and I have a thing." He added under his breath. I almost laughed at that.