He was right, it wasn’t too bad, and I got used to the taste after a while. And it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling the more I drank.

Four beers each, two movies, and a box of waffles later, we were lying on the couch halfway through watching ‘Silence of the Lambs,’ both of us completely drunk.

I giggled. “What would you do if I was a cannibal?” I asked Ashton, turning to look at him. His face was closer than I had predicted, and we ended up bumping heads.

            “Ouch,” Ashton rubbed his forehead. “And if you were a cannibal, I would not invite you over for dinner.”

I giggled again, but it was cut of with a yawn. “I’m sleepy,” I murmured, snuggling into his chest.

            “I’ll go get you a pillow and blanket then,” Ashton started to stand up, but I grabbed onto his arm.

            “Stay,” I whispered, trying to keep my eyes open. He smiled and laid back down, wrapping his arms around me.

            With another yawn and a content smile, I was asleep.

                                                                     *****

            I was suffocating. I couldn’t breath; something was blocking me from getting any air. I opened my eyes, coming face to face with a bare chest.

            “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” I screamed, shoving the person away. They landed on the floor with a thud. I peaked over the edge of the couch to see Ashton glaring up at me.

            “What the fuck, Lyn?” He asked, obviously annoyed.

            “S-sorry!” I stammered. “I woke up and I couldn’t breath because you were like, suffocating me. And you don’t have a shirt on and I freaked out so I shoved you! Oops!”

            I suddenly realized I had a pounding headache. It felt like there was a stampede of wildebeests running around inside my head.

            Ashton, on the other hand, did not appear to be hungover at all. “Hey, I’ll get you an aspirin, your head is probably killing you right now,” he hopped up from the floor and went to go get the painkiller.

            I reached for my phone, but it wasn’t in my pocket. It must have fallen out while I was sleeping, so I felt around under the couch cushions until I found it. I checked the time; it was 10:43 am. Shit, shit, shit. My dad was probably going to kill me.

            I was right. I had 18 missed calls, and 14 were from my house. Great. I dialed my home number and it was picked up on the second ring.

            “Hi Evelyn,” my dad answered. He didn’t sound upset that I didn’t call or come home last night.

            “Uhh… hi. Sorry I didn’t call last night to say I was staying out-” I started.

            “Oh yeah, it’s fine. Lee called last night after you were asleep to say you were staying over but had forgotten to call.”

            I frowned. “She did?” I was confused. “Oh, I mean, yeah, she did.” I had to remember to thank Lee for saving me. My parents were really strict on curfew and checking in when I was out with friends. And if my dad knew I spent the night at a boy’s house… I’d probably be grounded for a month.

            I said goodbye to my dad just as Ashton came back with a glass of water and two aspirin.

            “Thanks,” I told him as I took the aspirin.

            He smiled. “No problem. I’d make us waffles for breakfast, but we apparently ate them all last night.”

            I grinned and stood up, but accidentally stubbed my toe on the coffee table. I fell back to the couch, letting out a stream of curses and clutching my foot.

            Ashton stood there laughing, so I glared at him until he stopped. “So graceful,” he chuckled.

            “Whatever,” I muttered, standing up again and walking to the door. “Can you give me a ride home?” I asked, putting on my converse.

            “You want to go home already? I’m offended that you don’t want to spend more time with me!” He put a hand to his heart, mocking hurt.

            “Oh shut up, I don’t even like you,” I replied, tying my shoelaces.

            He smirked. “Didn’t seem like that last night.”

I blushed, not looking at Asthon. Damn him. “I was drunk,” was my creative comeback.

            “Whatever you say,” he continued to smirk as he grabbed his keys from the shelf.

A/N SORRY IT'S SHORTER THAN USUAL, BUT I LIKE THIS CHAPTER. IT'S CUTE. AND SORRY I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN FOREVER, BUT I'VE BEEN SICK FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS. I'M GETTING BETTER THOUGH, SO THE UPDATES SHOULD BE MORE REGULAR. EEP, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CHAPTER? VOTE/COMMENT/FAN <3

edit 12/31/14: go check out my new story, "Remember the Music"