CHAPTER 37 - Snow World

Start from the beginning

He couldn't digest the fact that she replaced Tulasi in his life which was why he was angry and put off with her, all the time.

Now when he thinks about it, all of that seems silly and childish to him. He behaved like a retard then, and even today; even if it's just for a moment.

He shouldn't have said those words to her; or to his mom.

He remembered that he's yet to apologize to his mother and left the room, carefully sliding out of her arms. It's almost half past nine but he's sure his mother would be awake; thinking about him.

When he heard her voice, he said "Hi mom"

"It's late Karthik. Why did you call now?" she asked, in worry.

"I—um—I wanted to say sorry for everything happened today. I am so sorry for shouting at you."

"That's alright. But, I am not the one you're supposed to---"

"I already told her mom. And she forgave me, as usual" he replied with a chuckle.

He felt his mom smile "She is a great girl, isn't she? What is she doing?"

"Asleep. I don't know how long though; since I came out"

She chuckled "Then get going. We will talk tomorrow"

"Mom?"

"Yes dear"

"Thank you so much for everything. I don't want to imagine wha---"

"Don't thank me Karthik. I did nothing but find a nice girl for my son. It's her that changed everything"

He stayed silent for a while before saying "Good night mom"

"Night Karthik"

Disconnecting the call, he crawled back onto bed snuggling close to his wife.

"Where did you go?" she mumbled sleepily making him smile.

"Nowhere. Sleep" he said, kissing the side of her face.

****

When Sindhu complained of getting bored, staying all day long at home, Karthik took her to Snow World the next day.

Snow World is an amusement park in Hyderabad in a vast area of 2 acres. It is India's first and the biggest snow park in the world.

Once they were done paying for the tickets, they were given warm clothes, gloves, fresh socks and heavy boots. After all the visitors were ready with their protective clothing on, they proceeded in, where tons of artificial snow was layered on the floor.

Irrespective of age, people engaged in snow wars the minute they stepped foot inside. Kids rolled on the floor, playing with snow while elders danced in merriment to popular English songs and Bollywood numbers.

Karthik and Sindhu joined a young group of couples, dancing along with them, having the time of their lives. When the snow fall started, the cheer and madness was taken to another level.

Kids and elders alike, queued for the snow tube slide and the atmosphere inside turned festive; full of fun and laughter. After frolicking in the snow and dancing until they are exhausted, Sindhu joined the queue for snow sliding while Karthik stayed back.

He cheered for her while she slid down an ice sled and then later went to the counter that sold hot beverages.

"Umm.. This is amazing" she said, having a hot cup of tea.

"It is, isn't it?" he said while blowing his nose with a hand kerchief.

"You caught cold?" she asked worriedly.