CHAPTER 33 - The Aftermath

When Sindhu woke up the next morning, she found Karthik sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face. He made her feel so precious the previous night, that everything happened seemed like a dream to her. He made her, his' in every possible way that for the first time ever in her life, she felt complete and perfect. He made her perfect.

With a small smile, she brushed his hair off his face and took in his appearance.

Why does he look so good in the mornings?

"How long are you going to watch me?" His voice broke her reverie and she looked at him when he slowly opened his eyes.

"I don't know. As long as it pleases me" she replied boldly, hugging the comforter close to her chest.

"Is your husband so good looking that you can't keep your eyes off him" he questioned with a smirk.

She smiled "May be"

He grinned and she asked quietly "How long are you awake?"

He smirked "You wouldn't want to know"

"What do you mean? Don't tell me you haven't slept all night" she said, shaking her head with a smile.

"How can I sleep knowing my beautiful wife is right beside me---"

"You think I am beautiful?" She intervened, looking at him lovingly.

He pulled her close to his chest as he spooned her and said "I do". Kissing her bare shoulder, he added "I think you are beautiful, inside and out."

"Really?" She asked softly, making him smirk instantly.

He turned her towards him and her smile disappeared seeing his smirk.

"No. Not now" She answered, understanding him.

"But, a rule is a rule. And I am going to kiss you now"

When he neared her face, she closed his mouth with her hand "No Karthik. Not now"

"Why? It's just a kiss. We have done so much--"

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet" She replied uneasily, losing her hand off his face.

He looked horrified "So am I. So what?"

"Haven't you heard of morning breath?"

"Don't you know that almost every human has it?" he shot back.

"No.. Please" she requested making him sigh as she placed her head on his chest and cuddled closer.

"Are you angry at me?" she asked slowly.

He kissed her hair "No, of course not."

"Then why are you so calm? You would've teased me by now if you are not angry"

He smiled at her answer "You just caught me off guard. I didn't expect that answer from you"

She sighed heavily, kissing his sternum "Aren't you going to be late for your office?"

"I will be, but I want to stay like this, with you" he replied earnestly, wrapping an arm around her while pulling her close to his body.

"Are you alright?" he asked her, after a few minutes of silence.

"Do you know how many times you asked that question since yesterday?"

He chuckled "I just wanted to make sure that you are fine"

"I am more than fine. Happy?" she asked, looking at him with a smile.

"Very" he grinned, kissing her forehead.