12

Author's Note:

Every time I picture the creepy old dude, I think of Steve Buscemi... I have nothing against the guy, he's a pretty good actor. I just can't get his face out of my head when I write the character. XD

(I might not have an Author's Note before or after every chapter but don't forget to vote and comment (I really like the attention, just humour me this once :P)

- Em

-X-

My second mistake? Well I soon found out.

We were all tired but happy and we decided to freshen up in the ladies room. So as I went to the loo, my friends redid their hair and make-up.

Someone was using the hand dryer the entire time I was in the cubicle, which I knew was a strange thing to do but I wasn't paying attention to it at the time.

THAT was my second mistake.

I walked out of the cubicle and saw my friends limp against the wall with their hair all messed up.

I tried to scream, when all of a sudden I felt hands close around my mouth.

I bit them. I struggled and kicked and punched but soon I was pinned to the wall.

I turned my head to look at who was attacking me. It was the creepy old guy from before.

I struggled even more but his grip was like iron.

The watch connected to Lloyd's phone was on my wrist but it was pinned to the wall like the rest of my body. I couldn't reach it.

I kicked backwards aiming for the groin and he shuddered and grunted but that was it.

Seriously! You've got to be kidding me! I was screaming in my head. How does that not work!

Then I remembered my purse. I tightened my grip on it and swung it behind me.

"Ah Gods!" he yelled as the purse full of hard candy and coin change hit him in the face or neck.

I turned and reached for my wrist to sound the alarm but it wasn't there anymore. I looked up and saw the guy had it in his hand. I looked around for a weapon but the only thing I saw was... the sinks.

I ran straight at the man and grabbed his shoulder, twisted myself around so I was behind him, jumped onto his back and directed him straight for the metal taps.

I bashed his head again and again against the tap but he didn't bleed at all.

I remembered about what Hazel said about Essence. "Now to kill a monster you would have to have Essence inside yourself."

I could tell this guy wasn't normal from when I hit him and got no reaction.

So I felt for my powers of the earth and all of a sudden, dirt and mud from inside the toilet cubicles, dust from in the vents and dirt from inside the cracks of the tiles all formed into a giant lump like after the magic leaf dress from the other day had self-imploded.

I held my arms out in front of me and splayed my fingers.

The man was trying to break out of the pile of dirt and mud but it was more like concrete than dirt because his hits and kicks were having no effect.

Just when I thought he was subdued he grew a huge spikey tail and he threw the thorns at me with amazing speed.

I hid behind a cubicle door and the spike splintered the wood and scratched my lower arm.