-hug me-

Third Person

"You're still not talking to me?" Jack sighed, poking his sister's cereal bowl with his metal spoon.

Emmersyn stared off into space, slipping a spoonful of Lucky Charms into her mouth. She had large circles under her droopy eyes from lack of sleep. She looked as if she would pass out in her cereal bowl in just a minute.

Ashton and the others would be here soon for a final good bye and sign off, Emmersyn almost wanted to leave Jack. Almost.

They were no safer here than there.

"Em," Jack groaned, flicking the drops of milk from his spoon at his sister. She rolled her eyes, wiping her cheek with her sleeve and standing up. She set her dishes in the sink and walked into her bedroom.

She ignored all the noise around her, which was easy since her room was quiet now that her old roommate had been adopted. Although, it didn't help that she was the only girl in the house now, but that's what it would've been like at the lad's house anyways...or maybe it wouldn't have been that way. She wouldn't know, of course, considering only a night had gone by there.

Emmersyn felt depressed, more than she did a second before, when she heard one of the boy's in the kitchen. Luke, she thought it was Luke's.

She tried to focus on the book she was reading, but couldn't. The talking had stopped and her door was knocked on lightly. She didn't respond, soon it creaked open slowly and a curly haired lad peeked his head in.

Em closed her book and sat up, letting her legs hang off the bed as she looked over at Ashton.

"Hey," He smiled softly, walking slightly into the room, "I just wanted to come in and say bye."

Emmersyn didn't really understand why the boy looked so upset. He was too young to adopt anyways, it was a crazy idea in the first place, she hoped he realized that.

"Oh, bye." She mumbled, reaching out to grab her book again. Ashton grabbed the book, closing it but keeping his finger on her page.

"Emmersyn?" He repeated this a few times before she looked up at him, "I haven't signed the papers, you can come with us still. Please-please come with us."

Emmersyn sighed, looking down at her hands with sad eyes. She shook her head, "I-I can't. I couldn't leave my brother, ever, and he doesn't want to go...but I guess I understand why."

Ashton swallowed hard. He, himself, did not understand why he was so upset about this. It actually almost made him feel unwanted, like, what had he done wrong? He slowly handed her book back to her, she set in on her lap, not caring that it had closed on a random page.

"I want him to come too, but he won't even talk to us." Ashton sighed, glancing around the mainly empty room.

Emmersyn just sighed, "Well, he's never really been good at saying goodbye."

"But he wanted to leave."

She shook her head, "That's what he wants us to think. He liked your house, or at least was starting too, we just have problems. I guess, that's what you could call them. I'm sorry, I've been talking too much."

Ash shook his head, smiling sadly. "You have a pretty voice, you should talk more."

Her face heated and she quickly looked down, picking at a thread on her blanket.

Ashton set a paper on top of her book, getting her to look up. "It's my number, if you guys change your mind, please call."

"There's other kids in other places that would love to be adopted. You didn't even want to have two of us in the first place." Emmersyn didn't sound said, just more suggestive.

Ashton shook his head, "But I was coming to like the idea of having the two of you."

Ashton said goodbye again, this time Emmersyn set her book to the side and did something she's only done to her brother. She stood up, wrapping her arms around Ashton tightly. He was taken aback slightly, but immediately wrapped his arms around her as well.

She felt like crying, but that, she wouldn't allow herself to do. It was a nice hug, it almost made her feel wanted and loved. But she knew the guy who adopted her for only one day didn't love her, she would never know if any of those guys would ever think of her as family and love her and she knew now, that she wouldn't find out.

After Ashton left Emmersyn felt empty and lonely again. She crossed her arms and walked into Jack's room, hesitantly allowing herself in. She climbed onto his bed next to where he was sitting and hugged him.

"I'm sorry for being mad," She mumbled, pressed her head to his shoulder with her eyes closed.

Jack wrapped his arms around his sister and shook his head, "you don't have a reason to be sorry, I was being an ass. But i do think it's better to stay here...for now."

"For now?"

"Yeah, I have a plan."