-meet em and jack-

"She's going to kill you," Jack sighed, shaking his head at his sister. He walked on the side of of her, kicking a pebble on the sidewalk under him.

Emmersyn sighed as well, just shrugging her shoulders. "I think its cute," She smiled softly, spinning a lock of her freshly dyed, light blue, hair around her finger. Jack just shrugged, grabbing his sister's arm and tugging her over to the tall apartment looking building.

He climbed up the steps, pressing the buzzer, than leaning back against the rail. "Ready?" He asked, looking over at his sister. Emmersyn didn't get a chance to reply before the buzzer beeped, allowing the two to enter. "She doesn't even check to make sure we're not like not, like, serial killers or something." Em chuckled, following her brother into the house. Jack rolled his eyes, skipping two steps as he hopped up the stairs.

"We're in deep shit, god I could use a cigarette right now." Jack grunted, finally coming to the door on the third floor of the dump they lived in. Lucky them, the door was already wide open and Ms. Wellings was standing there with that vicious look in her eye.

"You're late," She spat at Jack, Emmersyn was just twisting around the final curve before the door and boy...as soon as Ms. Welling's eyes landed on her things went down hill from there. Jack was pushed to the side and Welling's stepped by him, grabbing Em's arm and dragging her inside causing her to stumble after the owner of the orphanage they were stuck in.

Jack quickly chased after, another kid closing the door behind them on his way by. Jack grabbed his sister, pulling her out of Ms. Welling's grip, right before she had been dragged into the office. He wrapped his arm around Emmersyn.

"Don't touch her." Jack growled, glaring at Ms. Wellings. For an older woman, she was quick. She grabbed the light wooden coat rack to the side of her and whipped it at the twins, it mostly hitting Jack due to how he angled himself in front of Emmersyn.

"That hair is not excepted here, you look like a hooker. I hope you two are happy, you both just lost all right of earning money and leaving once a week." The old grouch yelled, turning on her heels and entering her office letters the dorm slam behind them. Jack walked away from his sister, headed to his room.

"I'm sorry, J." Emmersyn called after her brother, "Jack are you okay?"

He ignored her, walking into his room and allowing the door to loudly shut behind him. Emmersyn looked down in shame, she was sick and tired of being unloved and shoved around everywhere. As was Jack, but he had his sister to protect and care about right now.

Emmersyn turned, walking too her room that she shared with a ten year old girl, the only other girl in this orphanage, actually. She climbed onto her bed on the far side of the room, pulling her book out from under her pillow.

"So much commotion, you two. Don't you guys care that none of us feel like listening to the two of you get in trouble?"

Em put her book down, looking over at the cocky ten year old who she thought had been sleeping this whole time. She shrugged, deciding that maybe she didnt feel like reading, so she tucked her book away and laid down pulling the thin duvet onto her.

"Okay, ignore me then." The girl shook her head, rolling over so she wasn't facing Emmersyn.

"Goodnight, Candice." Em mumbled, closing her eyes.

***