Chapter 5

Alex

I ran through the front door of the house and grabbed the first person I saw. They turned to look at me and seemed taken aback by the abnormally happy expression on my face,

"Alex?" they frowned

"She's awake!" I said before running to the next room and as I ran past everyone in there I said, "She's awake, she's not in the coma anymore!"

Everyone knew exactly who and what I was talking about and their faces lit up with glee when I told them. I got patted on the back and congratulations as I ran past everyone until I came to the kitchen to see my best friend, James, stood in there eating pizza.

"James!" I yelled and he quickly turned to look at me. He took in my expression and body language and his eyes widened.

"No way!" he said, putting down the pizza slice, "She's awake?!"

I nodded quickly and he grabbed me into a quick hug,

"Dude! This is awesome!" he said, genuinely excited for me, "What's she like?"

"She's..." I didn't know what to say about her. I was in love with her. How do you describe love? "Beauty doesn't even begin to describe her" he said with wide eyes.

"Ok, let's stop with the girl talk for a second" he laughed "What did you say to her? Did you tell her about the mate thing? About the pack? About you becoming Alpha soon?" he rushed through his questions

"Um... not exactly..." I looked at the ground. I hadn't told anyone that she wasn't a werewolf yet, they all just assumed she was.

"Why not?" James frowned

"She's... human" I sighed

James went silent for a second and I looked up at him to see a worried look on his face.

"I'm screwed, aren't I?" I groaned

"You said it, not me" he said, raising his hands and I held my head in my own.

"What do I do?" I asked him

"Okay, well this is going to sound like a very long a difficult procedure. It needs to be done with precision and a steady hand" he began and ushered me to step closer to him, I did and he spoke in hushed tones, "You're going to have to be very careful about it. You're going to have to set out a set of lies to live the rest of your life in. I recommend by taking her out of the hospital and suggesting you go to live in Peru together to avoid your family's judgement of whatever relationship you have"

"Really?" I frowned

"No, you dickhead" said James and he hit me upside the head. I reeled back, rubbing where he hit me. "You tell her" he said it like it was the simplest thing in the world and he picked up his pizza slice again.

"It's not that easy" I said

"Of course it is, 'Hey Morgan, I'm a werewolf' that's all you've gotta say" he shrugged

"And when she's done laughing at how insane it sounds, what do I do then?" I rolled my eyes

"You prove it." he said

"I'm not shifting in front of her. She'll be terrified." I sighed

"I'm telling you, man, human girls go crazy for anything dangerous. She will love it. And more to the point, she will love you. It's a win-win situation."

"And if she tries to kill me?"

"Run really fast."

"Thanks for your help" I said sarcastically and began to walk out of the room when he grabbed my arm.

"Just leave it a couple of days before you see her again. Give her some time to get over the whole 'being in a coma for a year and a half' thing and then go and talk to her." He said, seriously.

"I can't wait for this" I shook my head

"You're going to have to. Listen, you need to make her love you the way you love her" he started and I opened my mouth to protest but he interrupted, "And don't pretend that you don't because I know that you do. Give her time and space and then speak to her. If the mate bond is there then she will come around"

Sometimes he can come out with some pretty intelligent stuff. And even though he is eating a greasy pizza right now, James has some words of wisdom.

"Thanks" I nodded and walked back into the room and grabbed a pizza slice myself.

"So," James said, grinning, "What are you going to do every day at 5pm, now?"

I laughed at him and we went back to our regular conversations.

He was right, I just need to give her time. She'll come around. If she really is my mate then it'll happen. And I know she definitely is so she definitely will.

-

This update was prompted by the comment of a lovely reader who reminded me i'm actually supposed to be writing this thing. Thanks.