T W Ø

more excited for this story than any other story ever dude. I can't get over how many people (like 5 people but still) have liked this in such a short time. thanks so much guys!!!

-

As I was laying down I heard rustling next to my bed and when I looked over Dan was flailing and kicking. Small whimpers started coming from him, and he covered his face with his hands.

I got off my bed and went to him and sat down next to him, putting my arm over his back gently. "Dan, are you alright? D-Dan, are you okay?"

Starting to shake him softly, I spoke louder, "Dear, wake up!"

He woke up with a start, letting out a yelp and rolling over to face me.

"It was a dream. Just a dream." I rubbed his arm, soothingly.

"Yeah, I know, I'm not an idiot," he said, harshly. His words startled me so I pulled my hand back but he grabbed it and then he spoke, "I'm sorry... I'm used to someone else and they weren't exactly soothing. Thank you."

"Y-you're welcome," I replied, laying my hand back on his arm. "Do you want me to sit with you until you fall asleep?"

"I probably won't be falling back asleep, honestly," he shook his head, then fell back on his pillow. "So you can go back to bed if you want."

"I haven't really slept either, so it's fine," I gave him a small smile, getting up to turn on the fairy lights over my bed.

"You haven't?" he asked me, surprised.

"Nope," I shook my head, as I sat down next to him.

"Why?" he looked over to me questioningly.

"Insomniac," I shrugged.

"Oh," he looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry."

"Eh, it's alright," I sighed, then gave him a small smile. "It happens... So your dream- w-what was it about?"

"Well, I don't really feel like talking about it," he shook his head, sighing. Then he turned onto his side, propping his head up with his arm so he could see me. "I'm sorry. I'll be alright, though."

I just chuckled, shaking my head. "You know you're really convincing... If I didn't know you just tried to kill yourself, I'd believe every word you'd said."

I got up and went to walk to the bathroom, but I turned around and looked at his shocked expression. "Don't go anywhere."

"O-okay," he said, as he nodded, now sitting up.

I felt guilt rush over me as I walked towards the bathroom, but I just don't understand why he pretends. I know that you're not okay, so don't tell me you are.

Once I entered the bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was a mess. My glasses are crooked and I have goosebumps all over my body. I shivered at the sight of me, shaking my head.

I used the toilet then immediately washed my hands and left the bathroom. After leaving my bathroom and entering my room I saw Dan wasn't in the bed and I panicked. Running around the flat, I noticed that the door to the photography room was open, the light also on. I walked over to it peeking in and seeing Dan in only his pajama pants, looking around at my picture filled walls.

"God, you scared the crap out of me," I shook my head running over to him to give him a hug, but stopped myself, only grabbing his shoulders. "I told you not to go anywhere!"

"I'm sorry, I got anxious..." he looked down at the ground, nervously.

"It's alright...I'm sorry," I shook my head, giving him a hesitant smile.

"You took all of these?" he changed the topic, swiftly, gesturing around to the photos on the walls.

"Yeah, I did," I half-smiled. I'm proud of them, honestly. It's one of the only things I feel like I do well.

He walked over to the wall with a window straight across from the door, and gestured to a picture with a lightning strike and rainbow over a lake, "I like this one."

"It's my favorite," I smiled wide.

"How do you find stuff like this?" he shook his head, with an awed expression.

"I get lost and then I get found..."

-

EW CHEESY EW EW EW EW EW EW EW WHAT IS THIS IM SORRY (nonexistent) GUYS IT SUCKS BUT EH