Ø N E

weird pic but that's what Dan looks like in this story :)

"Why are you doing this?" The boy asked me, in a nonchalant tone. Like he hadn't just almost committed suicide.

"Because someone like you doesn't deserve something like that," I said, shrugging. I had no idea what else to say. Truthfully, not knowing why I was doing it myself, at this point.

"You don't know who I am... and you don't know what I'm like," he shook his head. "So what's your reason?"

"Do I have to have one?" I said, it coming out harsher than intended. "Look... I don't have a reason; but I can't let you just go home after you tried to pull something l-like that."

I waved at a cab, passing us. "This is considered kidnapping, you know?" He then pointed out, matter-of-factly.

"You're coming willingly," I gestured him to get into the cab before me.

He did, shaking his head, "That is true but I've been given no other option."

I scoot next to him, chuckling, "Whatever you say. But I could put you on suicide watch. Which would be a lot worse than spending the night at a kind person's house."

"Where's this person?" he joked, looking around. "Because the only person I see is you."

I told the cabby my address ignoring his weird looks. Turning to the boy, I asked him, "So what's your name?"

"Dan," he sat with his hands put together, glancing up to me as he spoke. "You?"

"Phil," I smiled at him. As we got back to my apartment, I gestured for him to go in first. "It's small but..."

"No it's great," he turned back to me and smiled. He wandered through the living room and into the only bedroom, looking around the room. It was dull and plain because I had just recently moved in. Boxes spread the room, along with notebooks-a lot of them. "What's with all the notebooks?"

"I prefer to write when I get stressed..." I trailed off, uncomfortable at the topic.

"Get stressed a lot..?" he questioned, picking up one of the notebooks and skimming through it.

"They're just...random stories?" he asked, obviously confused.

I sat down on my bed and nodded, saying, "Well I prefer fiction. Let's me escape."

"Aw, back to being adorable and naive," he chuckled, taking a seat next to me. "So where am I sleeping?"

He slipped in the second barely giving me time to process the fact he called me adorable, so I just responded, "Well you can take the bed and I'll sleep on the sofa in the living room."

"No, I can't let you do that," Dan said, very sternly shaking his head. "I'm fine with sleeping on the sofa. Doesn't bother me in the least."

"Actually I think I have a fix to both our problems," I smiled at him, something donning on me. I got up and walked to one of the many boxes scattered around the room and pulled out an air mattress. "We can set you up right next to me so I won't worry about you sneaking out and..."

"Yeah, that's great!" he shook his head, acting like he didn't hear my last statement. He walked up to me taking the mattress out of my hands, then reaching down into the box and getting the pump. "I'll blow it up."

Dan then proceeded to blow up the air mattress, as I went to make us some tea. I yelled to the bedroom, "ARE YOU HUNGRY?"

"YEAH!"

"PIZZA?"

"DOMINO'S?"

"THREE MEAT?"

"YEAH!" I heard his voice get closer as he yelled so I looked up from my stirring to see him standing next to me in the kitchen.

"Want to watch American Horror Story while we wait on pizza?" I asked him, looking back down at my tea, then putting the spoon in the sink.

"What is that?" he looked embarrassed, as he looked down at his hands with a pink tinge on his cheeks.

"Just the most greatest program!" I flailed my arms around dramatically. "We are most definitely going to watch it now!"

"Okay," he chuckled at me, as I gave him his tea shaking my head.

"I'm excited now," I said hopping over to the couch. "It's great; you're gonna love it."

"Whatever you say," he shook his head, chuckling as he followed me over to the couch. He then sat down right next to me.

I hummed a random happy tune as I got the show ready. As I played the first episode I noticed how Dan was shivering next to me. I got up not bothering to pause the episode and got two blankets from my room, bringing them back to our spot.

Dan looked at me with furrowed eyebrows but then he noticed the blankets and blushed. "Thank you."

"No problem," I gave him a cheery smile. Throwing a blanket on top of him I pulled it up to his hide, hiding his face in it, as I giggled. "That's no good I wanna see you're cute face," I said as I pretended to be thinking. I then pulled the blanket down to his shoulders, saying, "Ah there we are."

He simply chuckled at me, shaking his head, as he poked my side.

"Still cold?" I pulled my feet up on the couch and turned towards him.

"A little," he confessed. "But I'll be fine."

"No, not fine." I shook my head and scooted closer towards him. "We can share mine. Oh hey, that rhymed."

"Are you sure?"

He looks so nervous about everything, I noted.

"Yes, I'm positive," I gave him a warm smile and then held up the blanket so he could get underneath too.

He slowly crawled underneath, shuffling around trying to get comfy. He ended up with his legs under mine, his arms around me and his head on my arm. "I'm comfy now."

"Good, I wouldn't be happy if you weren't," I smiled dowm at him, then finally turning my attention to the show.

Within minutes of us finishing the first episode, I heard the sound of someone ringing the doorbell. As I got up to answer the door, I swear I heard Dan let out a small whine. Shrugging it off, I answered the door and gave the man the money and taking the pizza from him. Closing the door and walking towards into the kitchen, I yelled, "PIZZA."

I heard ruffling and then Dan popped his head into the kitchen, "Hi."

"Hi?" I chuckled, handing him a paper plate after getting my own and putting 3 slices on it.

He gave me a small smile and took the plate from me, only putting 1 slice on it. I raised my eyebrows at him but decided not to say anything. I handed him my plate, which made him give me a confused look.

"Take them into the living room," I paused, straining to get the glass off the shelf. "I'll get us a drink. Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper?"

"Dr. Pepper, or I'll be up all night," he said, chuckling.

"Understandable," I nodded as he left. Fixing the drinks took me longer than it should've but I spilled half of a Dr. Pepper glass on the counter...

I walked in with the drinks in my hands, almost spilling them twice. As I took my seat I heard Dan say, "Next time I'll get the drinks, yeah?"

I blushed, nodding, "Yeah."

The episode was soon ending and we decided to go to bed, considering it was 2 in the morning. I ended up not being able to sleep so I just stared up at the celing in silence. The night hasn't passed fully but I can't wait until it does. Tomorrow I get to show a stranger my world.

-

WHOOOOOO THIS IS 1300 WORDS AND IT TOOK ME ALMOST A WEEK SO LIKE YEAH I'M KINDA PROUD OF IT. Anyway bye guys!!!! xxx