Chapter 13 (End)

You started to sprint through the moving traffic, not caring about the cars and trucks that could flatten you in a matter of seconds.
Many cars honked at you as you screamed his name.
"JACK! JACK!"
He turned around and looked at you. He shook his head and turned back.
You didn't stop. Once your shoes hit the sidewalk on the other side, you saw him drop.
Everything went in slow-motion. You leaped onto the ledge and grabbed his hand just in time.
"Jack, what the fuck are you doing?!" You said harshly. He looked at you. He had tears streaming down his face.
"What do you think?!" He said, sobbing. "All this time I've just been another problem in your life. It's better for me to just go."
You felt tears gathering in your eyes. "Jack, you were never a problem. You shouldn't end your life for me!"
You felt your self slowly slipping down the ledge. You gripped your feet onto the wall and held Jack's hand tight.
The wind blew. It felt cold against your face. "Just let me go," he said. "Please."
His words made a shiver go through your spine. He sounded so desperate.
"Jack, this isn't going to make anything better! It will devastate me forever!"
He wasn't making any attempt to hold onto you. You began to start slowly slipping again.
"Think about your fans! Your family! Your friends! They care about you too! People out there, you make them feel better. You make me feel better. Imagine what would happened if all that was gone??"
Jack kept crying. You were slipping closer and closer to the edge.
"It's better for me to just leave this world," Jack said in tears.
You shook your head.
"But Jack, you are my world."
He looked up at you again.
"I love you, Jack."
You attempted to pull him up, but you were too weak, and no one else seemed to notice.
Soon you we'r about to fall.
"Jack, can you grab onto the ledge?"
He put his arm up and tried to grab it but was unsuccessful.
"Shit." You said.
"Jack, if this goes to hell, I want you to know, you'll always be in my heart. A couple hours earlier I told Mark you were the one for me."
He looked shocked. "Re-Really?"
You nodded.
Your feet were at the very edge of the wall.
"Remember Jack. So many people love you."
Closer...
"I love you."
Closer...
"I love you t-"
It was over. Your feet slipped over the edge and you both screamed as you fell down, the air pushing against you.
You lost your grip of Jacks hand and plunged into the dark, filthy river water.
The river was freezing. Trash surrounded you and didn't know how to swim.
You started to kick your legs and move your arms to swim upward. It wasn't easy, but you got to the surface.
You took a big gulp of breath, wiped your face and looked around in panic.
"JACK!" You screamed his name. "JACK!"
You then dove underwater, with your eyes closed, trying to feel around for him. You then felt his hand.
You grabbed it and kicked up to the surface.
Panting, you kicked to the side of the river and threw Jack's limp body onto the grass.
You shook him. "Jack, wake up. Jack!"
You opened his mouth and began to give him CPR.
"Please wake up," you said as you pumped his chest.
After a few minutes, you gave up. You threw yourself over him and began to sob.
"I'm so sorry.." You cried, holding his cold hands.
Suddenly you heard a gasp. You looked up at Jack.
He's alive!
You backed away as he turned over and coughed out water that was in his throat.
Once he recovered, you grabbed him and hugged him tightly.
"Jack, you're alive! I was so scared..." You said in tears.
"Oh god, (Y/N). You're a life saver." Jack said.
He released you from the hug.
"Don't ever scare me like that again." You said, looking into his eyes.
"I promise. I won't."
Then he grabbed your shoulder and pulled you towards him.
You closed your eyes as he kissed you.
You pulled away and held his hand.
"We should probably get cleaned up," you said, shivering at the thought of what was on you.
He laughed. "Yeah. We should. C'mon."
He pulled you up from the ground and started to carry you bridal style.
You giggled as he walked up the steep hill up to the street.
Boy, you would have a story to tell Felix!
The next day
Jack dropped the last box onto the floor. He stood up and put his hands on his hips.
"You sure you don't need help with all this stuff?"
You giggled. "Nope, you'd just put them in the wrong places. Thanks though."
He smiled and shook his head. "Need anything? Anything at all?"
You went to your window and looked out. The sun beamed over the buildings and streets. Not a single cloud was in sight.
"Nope! Everything is just perfect."
You felt arms wrap around you.
"Great." Jack said, looking out the window with you.
It was true. Everything was perfect. You and Mark regained your friendship. You were going to PAX Prime soon. Your stuff finally got here, and you loved Jack.
It was a rough ride, but everything seemed perfect.
Everything was meant to be.
---------------------
Done! But anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this story. I had a lot of fun writing it, and I want to thank you guys for almost 700 views! I've also written other stories, if you wanna check those out.
But anyways, thank you guys for reading, if you LIKED IT, punch that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS!
And high fives all around.. 👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽 thank you guys and I will see all you dudes...
IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! [cue music]